Windows 10: Accidentally deleted a file, now getting an error everytime I boot my laptop

Discus and support Accidentally deleted a file, now getting an error everytime I boot my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I get an error message saying windows can't find "uifftjhj.exe"... This happened after I accidentally deleted something which apparently I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stealth_Sandwich, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Accidentally deleted a file, now getting an error everytime I boot my laptop

I get an error message saying windows can't find "uifftjhj.exe"... This happened after I accidentally deleted something which apparently I wasn't supposed to delete (It's a long story...). If anyone knows how I can get rid of the error whenever I turn on my pc please share the info

Edit: Including the full story for full context:

Sometime ago I tried downloading something off the internet (dont really remember exactly what) but the download was from a shady website... So i download the program and run it thinking my antivirus was activated but it actually wasn't, it was new and i hadn't activated it properly. The thing i installed started throwing ads at me from every direction... I know, my bad for installing things when im not sure if theyre legit... Anyway I uninstalled whatever that was and searched for any files that were left behind and deleted those as well (I searched for anything modified on that day since there wasn't anything I had done then before that). And thats when I started getting the error...

submitted by /u/Stealth_Sandwich
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stealth_Sandwich, Oct 30, 2020
  2. MuthuZn Win User

Deleted BCD file unknowingly

I deleted BCD file used in booting accidentally. I do not have a CD drive in my laptop and I did not get any additional cd when I bought the laptop. Looks like the Windows hibernate has saved something in a drive and everytime i try to boot, i says i cannot
    find the boot medium.

MuthuZn, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    accidentally deleted path variable

Hi,

Corrupted file system may be the reason why you're unable to perform system restore. To assist you better, we'd like to know if did you get any error messages when you tried to perform the system restore.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to do the Repair Mode:

• Tap F8 at boot time.
    • Select Repair Mode.
    • Select the System Restore option.
    • Set Windows back by a few days.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2020
  4. LizChilds Win User

Accidentally deleted a file, now getting an error everytime I boot my laptop

Printer accidentally deleted

I accidentally deleted my printer on hp laptop windows 10 and now it does not show up in the list of printers to reconnect

LizChilds, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally deleted a file, now getting an error everytime I boot my laptop

1. Accidentally deleted a file, now getting an error everytime I boot my laptop - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted file

2. I get these Event Viewer errors everytime I boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get these Event Viewer errors everytime I boot: Should I do something about these?Please don't tell me to do sfc /scannow or dism or chkdsk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-these-event-viewer-errors-everytime-i-boot/572feab8-0396-4199-bf26-bfea5b81f070
  3. I get these Event Viewer errors everytime I boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get these Event Viewer errors everytime I boot: Should I do something about these?Please don't tell me to do sfc /scannow or dism or chkdsk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-these-event-viewer-errors-everytime-i-boot/572feab8-0396-4199-bf26-bfea5b81f070
  4. I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE in the registry and I restarted my laptop and now...

I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE in the registry and I restarted my laptop and now...: I can't remember my old password in the system it needed my microsoft account passwordis there anyway I can see my old password so I can access my cmd and try to fix this ?please helpor is there any way?I cant seem to reset it tooit says a error...
  5. I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE in the registry and I restarted my laptop and now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE in the registry and I restarted my laptop and now...: I can't remember my old password in the system it needed my microsoft account passwordis there anyway I can see my old password so I can access my cmd and try to fix this ?please helpor is there any way?I cant seem to reset it tooit says a error...
  6. I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE in the registry and I restarted my laptop and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE and I restarted my laptop and now can't open it

I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE and I restarted my laptop and now can't open it: I can't remember my old password in the system it needed my microsoft account passwordis there anyway I can see my old password so I can access my cmd and try to fix this ?please helpor is there any way?I cant seem to reset it tooit says a error...
  8. I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE and I restarted my laptop and now can't open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I accidentally deleted my WOW6432NODE and I restarted my laptop and now can't open it: I can't remember my old password in the system it needed my microsoft account passwordis there anyway I can see my old password so I can access my cmd and try to fix this ?please helpor is there any way?I cant seem to reset it tooit says a error...
  9. I checked accidentally "Use original boot configuration" and now I get Error 0xc000000e at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I checked accidentally "Use original boot configuration" and now I get Error 0xc000000e at...: Ok, I made a mistake.Trying to fix another simple issue, I selected the Normal startup option in System Configuration and ended up in having the "Use original boot configuration" checked, and at boot....BOOOMM!!! BSOD with infamous error 0xc000000e.Im' pretty sure it is...
  10. Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.: User deleted that folder and all the files gets deleted desktop, documents & pictures bypassing windows recycle bin.Is there a way to recover the files?...