Windows 10: Accidentally deleted a full partition

Discus and support Accidentally deleted a full partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, I accidentally deleted a partition on my disk, which left it all unallocated. I still have access to the system since the affected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joasilty, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Accidentally deleted a full partition

As the title says, I accidentally deleted a partition on my disk, which left it all unallocated.

I still have access to the system since the affected disk was a secondary one.

How can I recover the partition, or at least the data? Nothing has been written to the disk yet

submitted by /u/Joasilty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joasilty, Jan 14, 2021

2. Accidental deletion of UEFI partition

Again, thank you for your helpful suggestions. I am going to wait a bit to absorb all this information before going on to the next step, which will be to do the upgrade as you suggest.

StuarthJones, Jan 14, 2021
  3. VBX
    vbx Win User
    Help, I deleted a partition, and can't seem to "extend" the other partition

Ok, here's how it happened.

I had 2 partition. XP and Win7 x86.

I shrank the Win7 x86 partition and created a new partition (Win7 X64)

I then deleted Win7 x86 partition.

----------

edit: what warup suggested did the trick. It took 20+ minutes for that software to do it, but hey it worked.. Thanks

4. Melvis Win User

Accidentally deleted a full partition

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally deleted a full partition

1. Accidentally deleted a full partition - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted full

2. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  3. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  4. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Accidentally delete the system partition, stop reporting an error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally delete the system partition, stop reporting an error: Anyone knows how to fix it pls tell me. I was deleting disc c by mistake and just stopped it deleting. Then it shows this nowPlz tell how to solve this...
  6. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  7. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  8. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD: So i just upgraded from my HDD to an SSD, and i wanted to just use my HDD for backup, i had my homework there, when i deleted the OS partition from it, i wanted to just connect the unallocated space with the rest with Disk Manager, but i accidentally deleted it instead. I...
  10. accidentally deleted a windows partition

accidentally deleted a windows partition: Hi i was trying to merge a small partition with a much larger one, ( wish now I hadn’t bothered ) using Easeus partition manager. It warned me that the partition to be added had some problems and would be dangerous to proceed, so I chose cancel, but somehow it deleted the...