Windows 10: Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10

Discus and support Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10. Then I signed out and now I can't log in back because there are no users anymore and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by karawaggio, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10

Hello, I accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10. Then I signed out and now I can't log in back because there are no users anymore and I cannot create a new user because I need to be signed in for this.Is it possible to create a new admin user from a safe mood? If it's not what can I do to possibly restore a user that I accidentally deleted? Many thanks in advance!

:)

karawaggio, Jun 11, 2021

2. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Jun 11, 2021
  3. LizChilds Win User
    Printer accidentally deleted

I accidentally deleted my printer on hp laptop windows 10 and now it does not show up in the list of printers to reconnect

LizChilds, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10

1. Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted users

2. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  3. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  4. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  5. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  6. Accidentally deleted admin user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10: Hello, I accidentally deleted all users from Windows 10. Then I signed out and now I can't log in back because there are no users anymore and I cannot create a new user because I need to be signed in for this.Is it possible to create a new admin user from a safe mood? If it's...
  8. Accidentally Deleted User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted User: I am using a new computer, and I am new to Windows. I accidentally deleted the user using Windows key + R, and then "control userpasswords2". I thought I had renamed my user, but now I cannot run or open any file. I went back to user account doing the same method, but there...
  9. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  10. Accidentally deleted user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to recover deleted user accounts from hp laptop