Windows 10: Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package

Discus and support Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted appdata/local/package folder when doing Microsoft Store troubleshooting and now i can't use any Microsoft Store apps when I try... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZenXAl-Jaelani, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package

I accidentally deleted appdata/local/package folder when doing Microsoft Store troubleshooting and now i can't use any Microsoft Store apps when I try opening the apps it's only showing splash screen and the app closed. how do i solve this problem?

:)

ZenXAl-Jaelani, Mar 29, 2021
  2. matex72 Win User

Restoring local Appdata

I have just accidentally deleted some of my local appdata files. I wanted to only clear the temp folder, but me being me I have somehow forgotten to go into the temp folder. Will a system restore recover deleted files?

matex72, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Bachalo Win User

Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package

Appdata/Local/Packages- safe to remove?

Trying to make sapce on my C drive. I see that my Appdata/Local/Packages folder is almost 20GB!

Is it safe to delete this? If not, can it be 'pruned' without affecting installed applications?

Bachalo, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package

1. Accidentally deleted appdata/local/package - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted appdata

2. I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...: I took a software from a friend which suggested me to turn off windows virus protection for a second, which in my stupidity, I did. Due to that a trojan entered my system, I know that because windows security scan sensed it after I deleted the software. After that I...
  3. I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...: I took a software from a friend which suggested me to turn off windows virus protection for a second, which in my stupidity, I did. Due to that a trojan entered my system, I know that because windows security scan sensed it after I deleted the software. After that I...
  4. I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.: How can I recover them? By the way, this is how it looks now: https://prnt.sc/8Eip-fd78vEd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-all-files-that-were-in/8e9024f0-2a28-4be8-9853-46f5f498fae7
  6. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.: How can I recover them? By the way, this is how it looks now: https://prnt.sc/8Eip-fd78vEd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-all-files-that-were-in/8e9024f0-2a28-4be8-9853-46f5f498fae7
  7. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Deleted "Appdata/Local/Package Cache" Cannot properly uninstall programs

Deleted "Appdata/Local/Package Cache" Cannot properly uninstall programs: I have accidentally deleted the "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Package Cache" folder, now I can't uninstall programs properly. For example, when I try to uninstall Python 3.9.5 the error is:Windows cannot find "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Package Cache\{ $some...
  9. Accidentally removed C:\Users\eurekazheng\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo wsApps

Accidentally removed C:\Users\eurekazheng\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo wsApps: During moving AppData to another drive and create a symlink logged in as Administrator, I cannot move the "C:\Users\eurekazheng\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps" folder filled with 0KB folders and files with the error 0x80070780, even if I changed the ownership to Everyone...
  10. Win 10 C:\Users\kxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\

Win 10 C:\Users\kxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\: Hi, This directory C:\Users\karl\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\12 appears to be a massive security breach! A copy of almost every file that I have worked on is stored in this directory. Previous posts...