Windows 10: Accidentally Deleted ctfmon.exe From System32 Folder

Discus and support Accidentally Deleted ctfmon.exe From System32 Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. So I highly believe, a while ago, I deleted the ctfmon.exe from the System32 folder in my Windows 10 x64. So I tried downloading a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Oct 24, 2019.

1. pepanee Win User

Accidentally Deleted ctfmon.exe From System32 Folder

Hello. So I highly believe, a while ago, I deleted the ctfmon.exe from the System32 folder in my Windows 10 x64. So I tried downloading a bunch of different ctfmon.exe files online for Windows 10, yet I see in my Task Manager that ctfmon.exe opens up and closes automatically with a Winerr exe, or such, that shows up and disappears too (this means that it's trying to report an error, most likely that it's the wrong ctfmon).
    Whenever I delete the ctfmon from that folder, then no error tries to load or whatnot

So I'm wondering if someone can upload their ctfmon.exe from the System32 folder (with the most recent Windows updates all installed) and help me out a bit?

:)

pepanee, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Damocles Win User

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Accidentally Deleted ctfmon.exe From System32 Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Accidentally Deleted ctfmon.exe From System32 Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 24, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

While Im not sure of how important they are, I think System restore would put them back and I see they are pretty darn big too 6.5mb and 2.5 GB on my just freshly imaged laptop .

DRDNA, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally Deleted ctfmon.exe From System32 Folder - Similar Threads - Accidentally Deleted ctfmon

2. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  3. Folder Security from accidental deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Security from accidental deletion: I have a Folder on C Drive under which I have all other folders and files, lets call this folder "Parent Folder". I am worried that someday, myself or someone else may accidentally delete this Parent Folder and I will end up loosing all files. Is there way by which I can...
  4. Accidentally deleted an email folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted an email folder: I accidentally deleted an email folder. I have set up rules for hundreds of email addresses to go into this folder. I now can't recover the folder and my rules are no longer working due to no destination folder being there. This is inundating my inbox. I really don't want to...
  5. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  6. accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder

accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder: I made a dumb mistake and accidentally deleted my DriverData folder from my computer - C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DriverData - I've tried a number of things to retrieve it, restore Previous Versions, Restore system, even easeUS which retrieved some deleted 'driver' files,...
  7. Accidentally deleted servicing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted servicing folder: Hey guys on one of my machines a buddy of mine was messing around and deleted the servicing folder , is this dangerous? 146660
  8. Accidentally deleted screenshots folder

Accidentally deleted screenshots folder: Hello, I was trying to get more space in my disk when i deleted "Screenshots" folder and now when i take an screenshoot i dont know where is it, Can i get back my screenshot folder? "PD: Recovery is off"...
  9. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...
  10. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder: Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10 93643
Tags: