Windows 10: Accidentally Deleted Default Speaker Device

Discus and support Accidentally Deleted Default Speaker Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my default speaker device when changing the settings with my XBOX Headset. Problem: Now my default device is XBOX Headset, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeBloggins1, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Accidentally Deleted Default Speaker Device

I accidentally deleted my default speaker device when changing the settings with my XBOX Headset.

Problem: Now my default device is XBOX Headset, and only my left laptop speaker works.

When I plug in an analog 3.5mm headset, it still calls the headset XBOX Headset. Headset and microphone still work both L/R speakers

Laptop is an ASUS GL502VM.

So far I have tried:

1 Restarting Computer

2 Viewing Hidden/Disabled Devices

3 Opening Realtek and going through all setting configurations

4 Updating the Realtek Drivers

5 Deleting and uninstalling the driver from the device manager

6 Restarting the computer

7 Re-installing the Realtek Driver

8 Troubleshooting Sound Problems

:)

JoeBloggins1, Jul 5, 2020
  2. AndrewDye Win User

Accidental deleteing of the Speaker icon from the 'Playback' devices panel

I have accidentally deleted the 'speaker' icon from the Playback devices list which you access from teh bottom right of screen. My desk speakers are plugged into the headphone socket on teh front of my desktop PC. (and have been running like this perfectly
    for 7-8 years). None of teh otehr playback devices are showing sounds being played (eg. as the 'meter' bar would indicate if you were playing music).

Is there anyway or restoring the speaker icon - or the re enable the headphones functionality which seem sto have gone.

Am running Windows 10 (which has caused me SOO much grief, Im seriously contemplating jumping ship to that Apple mob! - but not JUST yet!).

Many Thanks

Andy

AndrewDye, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Accidentally deleted headphones icon

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the below Methods and check if it helps:

Follow these steps to set the headphone as the default device.

• Connect the Headphones.
    • Right click on the speaker icon
    • From the resulting search results, click “Sound”.
    • Click the “Recording” tab.
    • Right-click the Headset and click “Set as Default Device
    Refer to the below link:

No sound in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Let us know if you need further help with any windows issue. We will be glad to help.

Arul_D, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Accidentally Deleted Default Speaker Device

Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally Deleted Default Speaker Device

1. Accidentally Deleted Default Speaker Device - Similar Threads - Accidentally Deleted Default

2. I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker: I have an ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip TP3402, and the audio stopped working randomly. I tried troubleshooting and it said it detected an issue with the audio that it could not fix. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials and noting fixed it, then suddenly it said I had no audio...
  3. I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker: I have an ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip TP3402, and the audio stopped working randomly. I tried troubleshooting and it said it detected an issue with the audio that it could not fix. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials and noting fixed it, then suddenly it said I had no audio...
  4. I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  6. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  7. I accidentally deleted the Windows 10 default Screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted the Windows 10 default Screenshot folder: Hi, I have been using my Windows 10 laptop since about 4-5 years and it was moving smoothly that's why I didn't move to a new one. One day I was just minding my own business and stuff and that moment I got a thought why don't I discover something more in File Explorer so that...
  8. accidentally deleted realtek audio in device manager

accidentally deleted realtek audio in device manager: I was trying to reinstall realtek audio in device manager by uninstalling and scan for hardware changes but I accidentally restart my computer which applied the changes before I could restore realtek audio. Please help me...
  9. Accidentally deleted the camera device on Device Manager.

Accidentally deleted the camera device on Device Manager.: Hi, I made the mistake of deleting my camera device on the Device Manager after it was not working. I attempted to scan for hardware changes like the Microsoft page suggested, but the camera did not pop up. How can I recover the camera in the Device Manager? Thank you for...
  10. Audio lag on speakers unless it is set as default device AND default communication

Audio lag on speakers unless it is set as default device AND default communication: I want my headset to be the default communication but this causes sound lag when i watch things with sound through my speaker. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-lag-on-speakers-unless-it-is-set-as-default/82eec397-8d12-4635-b852-70e2dc425d32