Windows 10: accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder

Discus and support accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made a dumb mistake and accidentally deleted my DriverData folder from my computer - C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DriverData - I've tried a number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billbrennanZM, Apr 25, 2020.

1. accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder

I made a dumb mistake and accidentally deleted my DriverData folder from my computer - C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DriverData - I've tried a number of things to retrieve it, restore Previous Versions, Restore system, even easeUS which retrieved some deleted 'driver' files, but I don't believe that the Driver Data folder is back; do you have any helpful suggestions?
    thanks so much!

:)

billbrennanZM, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Damocles Win User

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 25, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

While Im not sure of how important they are, I think System restore would put them back and I see they are pretty darn big too 6.5mb and 2.5 GB on my just freshly imaged laptop .

DRDNA, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder

1. accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted 'DriverData'

2. Accidentally deleted windows.old folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted windows.old folder: Hi . I have recently upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 Home. Since the windows.old folder was a large folder, I deleted it. Later i felt that windows 10 was better than 11 and decided to rollback. So how can I do that without the windows.old folder...
  3. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  4. Accidentally deleted an email folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted an email folder: I accidentally deleted an email folder. I have set up rules for hundreds of email addresses to go into this folder. I now can't recover the folder and my rules are no longer working due to no destination folder being there. This is inundating my inbox. I really don't want to...
  5. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  6. Accidentally deleted servicing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted servicing folder: Hey guys on one of my machines a buddy of mine was messing around and deleted the servicing folder , is this dangerous? 146660
  7. Accidentally deleted screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted screenshots folder: Hello, I was trying to get more space in my disk when i deleted "Screenshots" folder and now when i take an screenshoot i dont know where is it, Can i get back my screenshot folder? "PD: Recovery is off"...
  8. Junk folder accidentally deleted

in Browsers and Email
    Junk folder accidentally deleted: On Outlook.com, I accidentally deleted my Junk Email folder. Now it appears under Deleted Items, it still handles junk correctly but I can't seem to move it back where it belongs. Anyone know the solution? TIA*Smile [img] 62804
  9. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...
  10. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder: Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10 93643