Windows 10: Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot...

Discus and support Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on a USB. I was wondering what I can do to recreate the EFI system partition. All of my data is still intact on the system except the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ModernLime, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot...

I have Windows 10 on a USB. I was wondering what I can do to recreate the EFI system partition. All of my data is still intact on the system except the EFI system partition. I tried to boot from the Windows 10 USB but it gives me a blue screen with error 0xC000000F.

submitted by /u/ModernLime
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ModernLime, Mar 30, 2020

2. Accidentally deleted Windows 10 boot partition. How do I restore it?

Hi.

You can create a lost/deleted EFI partition by CMD.

1) Create an installation media

2) Boot PC with an installation media

3) Press SHFIT + F10 on the first screen to bring up Command Prompt

4) Run the following commands and click Enter each time at Command Prompt:

diskpart

list disk

select disk N (N refers to the disk which contains the deleted the EFI System partition)

list partition

create partition efi

format quick fs=fat32

list partition

list volume (find the volume letter which belongs to the installed Windows OS)

exit (exit diskpart)

bcdboot M:\windows (M refers to the volume letter of installed Windows OS)

(bcdboot m:\windows command will copy the boot files from Windows partition to the EFI system partition and create BCD store in the partition)

Next remove installation drive and restart your computer

Let me know if you have any questions

Mark St..., Mar 30, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    EFI SYSTEM PARTITION DELETE

Hi Jasbir,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

The EFI System partition (ESP) is a partition on a data storage device (usually a hard disk drive or solid-state drive) that is used by computers adhering to the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). When a
    computer is powered up and booted, UEFI firmware loads files stored on the ESP to start installed operating systems and various utilities. An ESP needs to be formatted with a file system whose specification is based on the FAT file system and maintained as
    part of the UEFI specification; therefore, the file system specification is independent from the original FAT specification.

ESP contains the boot loader programs for all installed operating systems (which are contained in other partitions on the same or other storage device), device driver files for devices present in a computer that are used by the firmware at boot time,
    system utility programs that are intended to be run before an operating system is booted, and data files such as error logs.

So I would request you to not delete those partitions.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot...

EFI partition delete issues and restoration

If I delete the EFI partition accidentally in Windows 10, how do I setup or manage or restore the EFI partition?

Kaushik Guha, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot...

1. Accidentally deleted EFI System partition. Computer says "No bootable device insert boot... - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted EFI

2. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?: I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a corresponding BCD entry using the `bcdboot` command when I accidentally created a BCD store in the C partition, instead of...
  3. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?: I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a corresponding BCD entry using the `bcdboot` command when I accidentally created a BCD store in the C partition, instead of...
  4. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai: I have checked in bios and the disk is showing and selected as 1st boot propriety. I have also downloaded on another pc the windows creation manager tool but this says its unable to repair windows. I can't do a fresh install as I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 on...
  6. Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai: I have checked in bios and the disk is showing and selected as 1st boot propriety. I have also downloaded on another pc the windows creation manager tool but this says its unable to repair windows. I can't do a fresh install as I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 on...
  7. System, EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    System, EFI System Partition: Two questions please -1] I had installed UBUNTU on my desktop PC, operating with Windows 10 PRO version 21H1; OS Build 19043.1202, and later removed the UBUNTU software. UBUNTU was installed on a separate SSD i.e., not on the SSD where the Windows OS is installed.The UBUNTU...
  8. Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot: Hi, I was messing around with some Linux installation stuff for a side project that needed it and long story short I ended up deleting the 100mb "EFI System" partition. This understandably led my computer to no longer recognizing my Windows installation, and it disappeared as...
  9. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  10. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...