Windows 10: accidentally deleted explorer.exe

Discus and support accidentally deleted explorer.exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i was getting yelled at that my storage was full so i decided to delete explorer.exe thinking it was internet explorer. But now i cant get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kgmonsterx, Aug 9, 2020.

1. accidentally deleted explorer.exe

so i was getting yelled at that my storage was full so i decided to delete explorer.exe thinking it was internet explorer. But now i cant get to the settings for anything use cortana or the search bar i was wondering how to reinstall it. thanks

:)

kgmonsterx, Aug 9, 2020

2. Explorer.exe in Vista: Resource hog?

I think that it's Vista's backup feature, to make sure you can undo the delete if you accidentally deleted, say, your tax records *Stick Out Tongue accidentally deleted explorer.exe :p.

As for explorer.exe, I have no idea why it's eating all your processing power. It's probably some bug, or a feature that we have yet to discover. Like say, auto-download-spyware *Laugh :laugh:.

zekrahminator, Aug 9, 2020
  3. LizChilds Win User
    Printer accidentally deleted

I accidentally deleted my printer on hp laptop windows 10 and now it does not show up in the list of printers to reconnect

LizChilds, Aug 9, 2020
  4. accidentally deleted explorer.exe

Explorer.exe in Vista: Resource hog?

backup feature? where do you find that?

kwchang007, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

accidentally deleted explorer.exe

1. accidentally deleted explorer.exe - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted explorer

2. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  3. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  4. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Accidental registry deletion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental registry deletion.: I accidentally deleted the highlighted file in the registry editior and now everything isn't working properly, please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-registry-deletion/792891b7-a7c6-4164-a0a2-cad33dbf3dd3
  6. Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak: I was checking out the Panther file when I accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak which was 80mb, what happens next? I sadly do not have a backup app. Does it do anything or will it reappear for a new update or nothing happens...
  7. Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak: I was checking out the Panther file when I accidentally deleted SetupAct.log.bak which was 80mb, what happens next? I sadly do not have a backup app. Does it do anything or will it reappear for a new update or nothing happens...
  8. .exe file deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...