Windows 10: Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot

Discus and support Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,In an attempt to extend space for my primary partition on a data disc, I accidentally deleted a system partition from the disc with the C:/.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John_Finn, Sep 24, 2022.

1. John_Finn Win User

Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot

Hello,In an attempt to extend space for my primary partition on a data disc, I accidentally deleted a system partition from the disc with the C:/. Windows will no longer boot. I was able to recover the files from the deleted partition, but had to manually move them to the partition they came from. Needless to say, this does not appear to have helped whatsoever.I'm really trying to avoid wiping my C:/Windows partition.Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

John_Finn, Sep 24, 2022
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Recover deleted boot partition

I accidentally deleted all partitions on an SSD including the one a Windows install was on.

I've recovered the partitions using Partition Assistant and all the data/partitions are there, but the SSD is no longer bootable - it just goes straight to the 'Windows could not boot' screen but no tools will run. I literally have no idea what to try next
    or if this is as good as it will get.

AntonyL1981, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot

Accidentally deleted Windows 10 boot partition. How do I restore it?

Hi,

I accidentally deleted my windows 10 boot partition during some maintenance activities on my computer. So, now I do not see the Windows option on my PC in the UEFI boot loader. I do have CentOS 7 installed on an external USB hard drive so I booted into that
    and downloaded the Windows 10 ISO. I have created a bootable thumb drive using the ISO on CentOS using gparted.

So I booted using the thumb drive and chose the Windows 10 repair option but it did not help. I have 2 SSDs on my machine and I do not want to lose any of the data including the windows settings if I choose a fresh install option. My disk layout on Windows
    was:

C:\ - Windows was installed here. This is a 1 TB SSD Drive.

D:\ - Second 1 TB SSD Drive.

When I'm on Linux, then I can see those drives as 2 separate devices and I can also access the files on them. The device that corresponds to the C:\ drive still seems to have all the Windows installation data. If I boot into the Windows 10 thumb drive and
    select the fresh installation option then it lists all my partitions but I'm not sure which is which and I do not want to delete data by mistake. So, is there a way for me to fix the Windows efi records?

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Sachin

noizfactory, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot

1. Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted partition

2. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  3. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  4. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot: Hello,In an attempt to extend space for my primary partition on a data disc, I accidentally deleted a system partition from the disc with the C:/. Windows will no longer boot. I was able to recover the files from the deleted partition, but had to manually move them to the...
  6. Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot

Accidentally deleted first partition on ssd; Windows 10 won't boot: Hello,In an attempt to extend space for my primary partition on a data disc, I accidentally deleted a system partition from the disc with the C:/. Windows will no longer boot. I was able to recover the files from the deleted partition, but had to manually move them to the...
  7. Accidentally deleted a full partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted a full partition: As the title says, I accidentally deleted a partition on my disk, which left it all unallocated. I still have access to the system since the affected disk was a secondary one. How can I recover the partition, or at least the data? Nothing has been written to the disk yet...
  8. I accidentally deleted the partitions on a C: drive, restored them, but now it won't boot.

I accidentally deleted the partitions on a C: drive, restored them, but now it won't boot.: TLDR: title. Behold my disk manager screenshot pardon my french, where Disk 0 is my laptop's C: drive, which is normal, and Disk 2 is the patient. As you can see, the partitions are not the same. [ATTACH] -------------------- Details: So i want to upgrade from my old...
  9. accidentally deleted a windows partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted a windows partition: Hi i was trying to merge a small partition with a much larger one, ( wish now I hadn’t bothered ) using Easeus partition manager. It warned me that the partition to be added had some problems and would be dangerous to proceed, so I chose cancel, but somehow it deleted the...
  10. Deleted SSD partition

Deleted SSD partition: I was originally running Windows 10 on a Dell machine with a HDD and SSD in RAID 0 configuration. I have inadvertantly deleted the SSD partition when doing a Windows 10 re-install. Can anyone advise how to restore the RAID 0 setup and get the SSD partition back? The SSD is...