Windows 10: Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

Discus and support Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mossie901, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Mossie901 Win User

Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a dual boot. Is there any way that I can reinstate the GPT partition for the hard drive without having to pay for 3rd party software? Any help would greatly be appreciated as I am currently unable to access any data from my hard drive.

:)

Mossie901, Feb 9, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

1. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted GPT

2. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:: Hi, while attempting and successfully doing the fix listed in the following post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf - I accidentally partitioned...
  3. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:: Hi, while attempting and successfully doing the fix listed in the following post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf - I accidentally partitioned...
  4. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  6. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  7. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  8. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  9. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  10. Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stupidly Deleted Hard Drive Partition: Ok, so I stupidly Deleted a 3tb hard drive which has 2 1.5tb partitions. I have done a bit of searching and a large majority only let you recover like 1gb of data being you need to buy, (minitool and lazesoft recovery suite). A fair few people recommend testdisk/Photorec or...