Windows 10: Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

Discus and support Accidentally deleted my downloads folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was messing around in WinRar and accidentally selected my downloads folder and deleted it, I then proceeded to empty my recycle bin because I’m dumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KerryFatAssBro, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

I was messing around in WinRar and accidentally selected my downloads folder and deleted it, I then proceeded to empty my recycle bin because I’m dumb and thought I deleted the right file, how can I restore the folder, I have tried a boot media and doing a system restore but it says I need to specify which installation to restore, please I really need help and I don’t want to have to reinstall Windows completely.

submitted by /u/KerryFatAssBro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KerryFatAssBro, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Damocles Win User

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Accidentally deleted my downloads folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Accidentally deleted my downloads folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 26, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

While Im not sure of how important they are, I think System restore would put them back and I see they are pretty darn big too 6.5mb and 2.5 GB on my just freshly imaged laptop .

DRDNA, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

1. Accidentally deleted my downloads folder - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted downloads

2. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  3. Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder: I was trying to move my documents and downloads folder's location into my D drive but I accidentally merged the two folders, how do I undo this? Now whenever I download something, it goes into the documents folder. And when I open the downloads folder, it goes into the...
  4. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  5. Downloads deleted accidentally

Downloads deleted accidentally: I have been downloading PDFs of articles I found in GenealogyBank.com newspapers for quite a while. Today for some reason all of them were deleted from the folder I had in my Downloads called Walter Ignatius Montana. How can I restore them?...
  6. Accidentally deleted servicing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted servicing folder: Hey guys on one of my machines a buddy of mine was messing around and deleted the servicing folder , is this dangerous? 146660
  7. Accidentally deleted screenshots folder

Accidentally deleted screenshots folder: Hello, I was trying to get more space in my disk when i deleted "Screenshots" folder and now when i take an screenshoot i dont know where is it, Can i get back my screenshot folder? "PD: Recovery is off"...
  8. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...
  9. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder: Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10 93643
  10. I have accidentally deleted my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I have accidentally deleted my downloads folder: not sure how but I was dragging and dropping lots of things and then moving them to the recycle bin and now I cant access my downloads folder, it just says ; (screenshot) Screenshot - 7e2708c4a12ac1d35a226000a5e76e7d - Gyazo 6192