Windows 10: Accidentally deleted registry file

Discus and support Accidentally deleted registry file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Accidentaly deleted “microsoft” from registry files when i meant to delete something else. I can’t do much as of now but when i try to start windows it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Etienne55, May 21, 2019.

1. Etienne55 Win User

Accidentally deleted registry file

Accidentaly deleted “microsoft” from registry files when i meant to delete something else. I can’t do much as of now but when i try to start windows it says error and restarts it again, until i get the troubleshoot screen.

Any help/advice to fix this and restore the registry?

:)

Etienne55, May 21, 2019

2. Windows registry accidentally deleted

Hi Osi,

We acknowledge that you're experiencing an issue regarding the registry and it is possible to restore a deleted registry if you have a system restore point which can take you back to an earlier point before the issue occurred. We would suggest checking the
    post of J W Stuart from this
    thread
    to see the steps that you can follow in restoring from a system restore point.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, May 21, 2019
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    How do I delete registry files?

I have some programs which I deleted from "Add/Remove Programs" and I want to make sure they are deleted... where do I go to delete these files in my registry?

Also, I know there is a website where you can type in the name of programs running in the registry files to check if they are legitimate... where can I check my programs?

Thanks for any help!
    DC

DCnewbie, May 21, 2019
  4. Accidentally deleted registry file

How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally deleted registry file

1. Accidentally deleted registry file - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted registry

2. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...
  3. Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.: Hi, I'm in a rush because this work is due tomorrow. So basically, I accidentally lost work that I thought I had saved, and when I opened word again for something else it told me that I had unsaved documents, and for some reason my stupid self just deleted them. I just...
  4. Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted: Tonight, I received a message from Windows Defender Antivirus that there were threats on my laptop and i just pressed to go in action got it deleted. I want those files to be restored and I really need an answer because the files that were accidentally deleted are very...
  5. SysWow64 registry file deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    SysWow64 registry file deleted: Hello, so when i was deleting some virus regitry file i accidently deleted the SysWow64 files and everything get down, when i rebooted my pc, it crashed and return the 0×00000f error, but i have some access to my files using a bootalbe windows cd, i need a way to restore the...
  6. User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder...

User Accounts, Accidentally deleted file folder...: I hope that you can help me with this. Recently I noticed one morning on my windows 10 enterprise lock screen that I had another user account with my same on the lower left side of the screen. However I didn't create this account nor have I been able to get rid of it. Any...
  7. Accidental mass file deletion in SharePoint.

Accidental mass file deletion in SharePoint.: Hi There - We have been on the phone with MS many times over the past two weeks and still cannot figure out what happened. One of our user's computers deleted over 50,000 files from our SharePoint. The employee did not initiate any type of deletion. We have no idea how...
  8. Accidentally deleted files from NAS

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted files from NAS: I was combining some audio files that were stored on my network drive late last night and when I finished I thought I deleted all the source files and left the finished product but when I came back to the computer today I discovered that I had left the wrong one. I tried...
  9. Windows registry - I cannot delete a user file in the registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows registry - I cannot delete a user file in the registry: In the last week I have been redirected to a hijacked site that says "that your computer has been hijacked and you will not be able to save your files, then it says do not shutdown" Well, that's exactly what I do is I disconnect from the internet, and then I can close...
  10. Prevent Accidental Deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Accidental Deletion: What's the easiest way to protect a file from accidental deletion? I'm looking for something similar to setting "Read-only" in Properties. 34539