Windows 10: Accidentally deleted something from Regedit

Discus and support Accidentally deleted something from Regedit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run This was the path way for the key that was deleted, when using DISM /Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mkain01, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Accidentally deleted something from Regedit

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This was the path way for the key that was deleted, when using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth , which appears to have put the folder back but there is nothign that is in it. Nothing on the computer seems to be acting any different (start up is normal and everything appears to be opening), I would just like to know what the purpose of run is and why nothing was restored to how it used to be before I accidentally deleted it. Thank You

submitted by /u/mkain01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mkain01, Dec 1, 2020
  2. PT
    pt Win User

regedit help

any step by step guide?
    that is like chinese to me

edit:
    i did this that you posted and deleted after and it worked:
    psexec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe

but the problem is still there *Frown Accidentally deleted something from Regedit :(

3. LizChilds Win User
    Printer accidentally deleted

I accidentally deleted my printer on hp laptop windows 10 and now it does not show up in the list of printers to reconnect

LizChilds, Dec 1, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Accidentally deleted something from Regedit

regedit help

How about psexec -i -d -s \\192.XXX.XXX.X c:\windows\regedit.exe? *Smile Accidentally deleted something from Regedit :)
    (type in IP or network name of the laptop)

peach1971, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally deleted something from Regedit

1. Accidentally deleted something from Regedit - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted something

2. I accidentally deleted sth on regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted sth on regedit: I accidentally deleted sth on regedit, in hkey_classes_root there was sth named text or sth .After I deleted that on accident, on every game that I'm playing there's some bugs like it kept duplicating bugged textures or...Pls help ty....
  3. I accidentally deleted sth on regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted sth on regedit: I accidentally deleted sth on regedit, in hkey_classes_root there was sth named text or sth .After I deleted that on accident, on every game that I'm playing there's some bugs like it kept duplicating bugged textures or...Pls help ty....
  4. Accidentally deleted something in Regedit but I have a export.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted something in Regedit but I have a export.: I have a export of the file, but how do I put it back to regedit? Help please. submitted by /u/VernabR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvi7l0/accidentally_deleted_something_in_regedit_but_i/
  5. Folder Security from accidental deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Security from accidental deletion: I have a Folder on C Drive under which I have all other folders and files, lets call this folder "Parent Folder". I am worried that someday, myself or someone else may accidentally delete this Parent Folder and I will end up loosing all files. Is there way by which I can...
  6. When deleting something (McAfee in this case), should you delete it from the "regedit"...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When deleting something (McAfee in this case), should you delete it from the "regedit"...: I just managed to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe and before restarting I noticed that it is still there in the regedit. Should I worry about it or restart anyway? And yes, this is tinfoil hat level question. submitted by /u/BearAndForbear [link] [comments]...
  7. Deleted User in regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted User in regedit: So yesterday my pc shut down randomly It think it was a blue screen of death or something like that and today when I loaded up I got into a temp user. It wasn't my first time,I had fixed it before. But instead of deleting the right user in regedit I deleted the one with...
  8. Deleted value from regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted value from regedit: Hello, I had a problem with automatically closing command prompt. I found solution of deleting AutoRun value from \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor. Unfortunatelly that destroyed my system. Only cmd were available after starting the system. Now I added...
  9. Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit: I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with...
  10. Accidentally deleted files from NAS

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted files from NAS: I was combining some audio files that were stored on my network drive late last night and when I finished I thought I deleted all the source files and left the finished product but when I came back to the computer today I discovered that I had left the wrong one. I tried...