Windows 10: accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver

Discus and support accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the standard ps/2 keyboard driver which came pre-installed with my windows installation now my keyboard is not working. please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bn45j, Aug 10, 2018.

1. bn45j Win User

accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver

I accidentally deleted the standard ps/2 keyboard driver which came pre-installed with my windows installation now my keyboard is not working. please help.

:)

bn45j, Aug 10, 2018
  2. PronoyRoy Win User

Standard PS/2 Keyboard has a driver problem (Code 39)

Laptop keyboard [Standard PS/2 Keyboard] has stopped working.

Error message as shown below:

[Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.]

Have tried the following option-

1. Troubleshooting option through Control Panel-Hardware and Devices- then restarting system

2. Uninstalling the device and restarting the system.

Both have failed to solve the issue.

Q1. Am i missing any step here?

Q2. Are there other alternatives i can try to restore device ?

PronoyRoy, Aug 10, 2018
  3. dave_- Win User
    PS/2 keyboard and mouse troubles

Hello,

My PS/2 keyboard was acting up, every time I pressed the left 'ctrl' key, it had opened up the file explorer. That is no longer my problem.

I, thinking I was the smart one, decided to go to the Device Manager and try to sort this out myself. Well, I made a huge mistake. Under where it says "Keyboards" I had 'accidentally' told it to delete my PS/2 keyboard from the devices list! Now, no PS/2
    device will work, no mouse or keyboard or anything! I'm forced to use a USB keyboard, which I don't like, as that PS/2 keyboard was my favorite. It was the best keyboard I had ever used.

No PS/2 keyboard or mouse will work on my system at all now, not even in BIOS. I've tried everything I could think of, and I still haven't managed to fix it.

accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard  driver bebd4b67-3f4f-452a-a743-64be2eef878a.png

Thank you all for help!

dave_-, Aug 10, 2018
  4. accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver

Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

Hi team,

I samsung laptop and had windows 8.1 , in windows 8.1, Standard PS/2 keyboard(inbuilt keyboard ) was working fine. And then I have updated to windows 10. My keyboard was working for 10-15 minutes, after that my keyboard is not working.

Note: keyboard is working in bios mode.

Please help on this.

Pfb the screenshot.

accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard  driver d049f1fa-d52f-4f03-9153-754e63a50d48.png

Thanks,

Nirmal

NirmalKumar R, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver

1. accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted standard

2. Accidentally removed/deleted drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Accidentally removed/deleted drivers: Well I can't believe the anguish this has put me through. I foolishly uninstalled my gpu drivers and also clicked the box to delete all files etc. As if that wasnt bad enough I carelessly followed advice I shouldn't have and removed my GPU after retrieving it from 'hidden...
  3. Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion: Hello everyone. I got a new Logitech webcam for my Gaming PC but it had a built in mic. I wanted to remove it but didn't know how. I went into Devices and Printers and deleted the device from the audio section, thinking it'd only delete the audio-input part of the cam, but...
  4. Networking 2 PS’s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking 2 PS’s: In the office we have 2 PC’s that originally came with win8 but now are running win 10. Both where set up that they could see the other PC and also where able to open and change any file on it. After an update/upgrade this is no longer possible. The strange part is that they...
  5. Internal Keyboard showing as Standard PS/2 Keyboard in Device Manager

Internal Keyboard showing as Standard PS/2 Keyboard in Device Manager: Sr, I am using Windows 10 on my Lenovo Laptop. My PC was OK till I connected a PS/2 keyboard on it. After I disconnected that PS/2 keyboard, My internal Keyboard is badly working i.e it is autotyping a particular key randomly and whenever I go on Device Manager, The keyboard...
  6. Acer laptop keyboard not working and standard ps/2 keyboard driver didn't reinstall after...

Acer laptop keyboard not working and standard ps/2 keyboard driver didn't reinstall after...: My keyboard suddenly stopped working when I woke my computer back from sleep yesterday. I searched for a solution online and after have tried many things I eventually uninstalled the standard ps/2 driver to get it automatically installed on reboot. At least so I thought....
  7. Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Uninstalled "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" Driver, now I can't turn on my computer, please help.: I know that's stupid but I was really really mad, my internal keyboard did not work, and now I removed my keyboard driver and turned off my computer, so I couldn't turn on the computer but we did have another computer and so my brother removed my Hard Drive and Removed his...
  8. Laptop keyboard ps/2

Laptop keyboard ps/2: One of the keys on my laptop became defective. This affected the keyboard operation. I therefore obtained a usb keyboard thet works perfect. Unfortunately during bootup and while working, the internal keyboard seems to interfere, so much, that sometimes I have to switch...
  9. PS/2 mouse driver is missing while

PS/2 mouse driver is missing while: hello This issue is addressed to microsoft technical people only, PS/2 mouse driver is missing while PS/2 keyboard is working, when plugging mouse to PS/2 port , mouse is not working, when plugging keyboard to PS/2 port , keyboard is working, I tried setting ease of access...
  10. Can't use PS/2 keyboards on Win 10

Can't use PS/2 keyboards on Win 10: I found a bunch of my old keyboards from last decade, all in their boxes. Being that they are mechanical keyboards, I prefer to write on them. I have had no luck in all 3 of them. I got the small PS2 to USB adapter, got 2 of then, and the keyboards lights up initially and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. standard ps/2 keyboard deleted accident

2. deleted ps/2 keyboard drivers

3. ps/2 keyboard driver deleted

4. I accidently deleted my keyboard driver,
  5. mistakly deleted standerd keyboard ,
  6. accidentslly deleted keyboard driver