Windows 10: accidentally deleted system files windows 10

Discus and support accidentally deleted system files windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, While uninstalling a program, I might have accidentally deleted some other windows system file too. Didn't realise it until I restart the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Crimbot, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Crimbot Win User

accidentally deleted system files windows 10

Hi all,

While uninstalling a program, I might have accidentally deleted some other windows system file too. Didn't realise it until I restart the pc next day.

now I am at a "choose your keyboard layout" screen > troubleshoot > advanced options and none of the options seems to be working

start up repair = start up repair couldn't repair your PC

system restore = to use system restore, you must specify which windows installation to use......

cmd prompt I did

x:\windows\system32> sfc /scan now

give this "windows resources protection could not perform the requested operation "

one thing I notice is my command line doesn't start with c: but it starts with x:

cd c:\ doesn't change the drive and I don't have a recovery disk.

anyone can suggest a solution, greatly appreciate it.

laptop dell inspiron5559, windows 10

:)

Crimbot, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Files Deleted During Failed Windows Update

If you saved your video projects, they should be on the drive (barring any file system corruption). You can give Recuva a try:

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!​
    Download the portable version on another PC, unpack it on a flash drive, pop the drive in the trouble machine, and run it off the flash drive. You want to make as few changes to the hard drive as possible before running the recovery program.

Static~Charge, Apr 9, 2020
  4. accidentally deleted system files windows 10

Accidentally deleted Windows Store

I went a bit further then the thread seen there directly to the techtantri site's page and caught something of interest if it actually that is.
    Step 1 mentions using the System Restore option already suggested earlier before any upgrade to repair or clean install was to take place. Step 2 involves working with the local packages under your user account. And Step 3 provides a PowerShell command you could enter. Those along with Steps 4-8 plus a 32bit and 64bit download links are seen on the page referred to at Windows 10 apps not working - Download apps folder - All things technical - tips tricks

Step #9 is even better since 10 is already on the VM Workstation 12 Player on the 7 side of the dual boot here for simply copying the files needed from VM to physical install!

Night Hawk, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

accidentally deleted system files windows 10

1. accidentally deleted system files windows 10 - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted system

2. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  3. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  4. Accidentally deleted system 32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted system 32: I was resetting my computer to give away, and I deleted system 32 and the BitLocker files. I managed to almost re-install, but the BitLocker had encrypted my drive and since the files are deleted, I am locked out. I've tried re-installing all of the windows, the iso, and any...
  5. Accidentally deleted system 32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted system 32: I was resetting my computer to give away, and I deleted system 32 and the BitLocker files. I managed to almost re-install, but the BitLocker had encrypted my drive and since the files are deleted, I am locked out. I've tried re-installing all of the windows, the iso, and any...
  6. Accidentally deleted the file "INetHistory".

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted the file "INetHistory".: Accidentally deleted the file INetHistory from appdata (Local). Being stupid as i am, i ended up disregarding a redditor's advice not to mess too much with files i don't know what they are for and deleted it accidentally. Nothing seems different, but i wonder if i should do...
  7. Windows 10 accidental deletion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 accidental deletion: So as i was cleaning up files on my gaming laptop to clear up space for more games I unintentially deleted Windows....all of it. Ive gotten a USB and downloaded a 32-bit Windows 10 from my fathers Mac and have made sure it’s at the top of the load order. When I tried to boot...
  8. Accidentally deleted windows files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted windows files.: So an accident happened. I was messing around with a Windows XP vm in virtualbox and discovered it had a file manager. So what if i deleted the C:\ drive of the VM? I did exactly that, but instead accidentally chose the actual C:\ drive on my actual system and did not realize...
  9. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...
  10. How to restore accidentally deleted system files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore accidentally deleted system files in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Did you somehow accidentally delete a system file or folder in Windows 10? And if so, are you not able to open Settings or reboot your computer? Sometimes, we may end up deleting a file wrongly thinking that it could [...] This post How to restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost regestry files windows 10