Windows 10: accidentally deleted the administrations folder

Discus and support accidentally deleted the administrations folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ATMM5, Sep 16, 2017.

1. ATMM5 Win User

accidentally deleted the administrations folder

Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10

:)

ATMM5, Sep 16, 2017

2. Help! I accidentally deleted the Outlook folder on my Blackjack 2!

Hello. You can't delete the Outlook (messaging) program from your phone because it is part of the OS ROM (Read Only Memory). You may have deleted your email accounts that you set up. Shouldn't really cause your phone to turn off, though. Have you soft
    reset your phone?

Resourceful, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Help! I accidentally deleted the Outlook folder on my Blackjack 2!

While messing around on my computer with my Blackjack 2's syncing features, I accidentally deleted the Outlook folder on my Blackjack 2, and now my phone turns on, then quickly turns off. Is there a way that I can reinstall Outlook to my phone, to allow
    it to function properly again?

ryanwestart, Sep 16, 2017
  4. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

What is the "administrations" folder?

"Can't do anything". More detail needed. Can you boot the PC or not?

Do you have a Windows 10 DVD or bootable USB installation media?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 16, 2017
  5. ATMM5 Win User
    It does boot. Most of the folders have been deleted except for shortcuts. A lot of files have been deleted Can't access the internet. Cannot execute any program.

+Is there a way to post pictures on this thing?

ATMM5, Sep 16, 2017
  6. ATMM5 Win User
    He deleted the administrator folder located in C drive, and I currently do not have a installation driver. I do have one at my office.

ATMM5, Sep 16, 2017
  7. Have you tried Windows built-in "System Restore", available from Control Panel/system/system protection?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 16, 2017
  8. ATMM5 Win User

It immediately shuts down after I run the program.

ATMM5, Sep 16, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
  10. Try3 Win User
    ATMM5,

Is the "administrations" folder C:\Users\Administrator?
    • You should be able to log in with another Admin-level user account to recover many of your folders & files from the recycle bin.
    • Using the Built-In Admin account is, in any case, unnecessary & runs the risk of corrupting this Windows recovery tool.
    • Using the Built-In Admin account in its default state is not suitable for connecting to the internet as you would not have any notifications if online hackers installed software & otherwise took control of the computer.
    • Admin accounts you create yourself are fully functional, the Built-In Admin gives you no advantages whatsoever.

Denis

11. Samuria Win User
    I wonder how he managed to do it its normally not that simple you should get access denied

Samuria, Sep 17, 2017
  12. ATMM5 Win User
    Yes! That's exactly what happened! However, my recycling bin is empty, and most programs don't works right now. And based on the storage capacity, the files are still there. IE and chrome works but not edge. Programs such as photoshop does work, but not properly.

ATMM5, Sep 17, 2017
  13. ATMM5 Win User

It says that no settings have been changed.

ATMM5, Sep 17, 2017
  14. Try3 Win User
    1 I think you answered Yes to my question Is the "administrations" folder C:\Users\Administrator?
    2 Are you now logged in to an Admin-level user account?
    3 Are you still logged in to the account with the username Administrator?
    4 If you are indeed still logged in to the account with the username Administrator then I suggest creating an additional password-protected Admin-level local user account now.
    5 Where you say that most programs do not work, do you actually mean that Windows Apps do not work but conventional, installed applications do work?
    6 Are you sure that the C:\Users\Administrator has been deleted and not just hidden. Try opening File explorer and entering into its address bar C:\Users\Administrator\Documents or some other folder that you know was there.
    7 Log into the new password-protected Admin-level local user account and try some of the programs that currently do not work to see if they work in the new account.
    8 You have both said that the entire folder has been deleted and that most of it has been deleted but some subfolders & shortcuts remain. Please clarify.

You can post pictures in your reply by clicking on the picture icon
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder [​IMG]
    in the editing toolbar that you can see while you are typing any reply.

If you respond to these questions/tests then the situation will be properly understood. Because of the potential for confusion & misunderstandings, please refer to my para numbers in your reply.

Denis

Thema:

1. accidentally deleted the administrations folder - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted administrations

2. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  3. Accidentally deleted an email folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted an email folder: I accidentally deleted an email folder. I have set up rules for hundreds of email addresses to go into this folder. I now can't recover the folder and my rules are no longer working due to no destination folder being there. This is inundating my inbox. I really don't want to...
  4. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  5. accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accidentally deleted 'DriverData' folder: I made a dumb mistake and accidentally deleted my DriverData folder from my computer - C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DriverData - I've tried a number of things to retrieve it, restore Previous Versions, Restore system, even easeUS which retrieved some deleted 'driver' files,...
  6. Accidentally deleted administrator account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted administrator account: I was trying to change the name on my mother's administrator's account (where she is the administrator), and I have somehow erased her administrator account altogether. The only account remaining is mine, which is a local, non-administrator account. I've gone to Control Panel...
  7. Accidentally deleted servicing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted servicing folder: Hey guys on one of my machines a buddy of mine was messing around and deleted the servicing folder , is this dangerous? 146660
  8. Accidentally deleted screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted screenshots folder: Hello, I was trying to get more space in my disk when i deleted "Screenshots" folder and now when i take an screenshoot i dont know where is it, Can i get back my screenshot folder? "PD: Recovery is off"...
  9. Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account: I'm unsure if this is the proper section of the forum, but here goes. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first was released. I had no issues initially. Randomly, my computer chose to log me in to a temporary profile. I was unable to access my files or pictures, and no amount of...
  10. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally messed up entire directory windows 10