Windows 10: Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files)

Discus and support Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DaikonFast8824 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaikonFast8824, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files)

/u/DaikonFast8824, Mar 30, 2021
  2. tulving Win User

Double click doesn't open htm/html files

Hi, thanks a lot fo your suggestions:

In control panel seems everything ok (despite near the extension I don't see the firefox litte icon but a blank one):

Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files) [​IMG]

and also on FilesTypeMan it seems ok:

Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files) [​IMG]

*cry

tulving, Mar 30, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Compare this:

(rt click on the file type shown, click Edit...)

Compare

dalchina, Mar 30, 2021
  4. tulving Win User

Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files)

Hi,

in my new Hp EliteBook 850 G4, I've a very strange issue. I can't try a restore, since company gave me it after configurating it and updating to the last version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Windows Update, and the issue was from the beginning.

I've Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox (64 bit version) installed browsers, with Firefox as default one.
    Everytime I try to open a *.html or *.htm file with double click, the system asks me in a recursive way to choose one program from a list and if I want to set it as default. It doens't matter if I choose one browser, the system doesn't open the file and ask again same thing.
    If I don't double click the htm/html files, but just right click and select Open, everything works!

I've tried to change default browser, with Chrome, Edge, IE, or also to set one of the browser as default for all protocols and supported files...but nothing changes.

I've also tried to force file associations with following prompt commands in administrative mode:

Code:
    and other strange thing, is that in the last command response line an additional "%1" was expeted.

Also registry seems to be ok

Code:
    has "a" entry with "firefox.exe" value,

and

Code:
    there's the key with "FirefoxHTML-308046B0AF4A39CB" value.

So, is there any suggestion to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

*Tongue

tulving, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files)

1. Accidentally deleted the .html and .htm file opener. (or the whole concept of those files) - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted html

2. How to delete those files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete those files: Hello someone can help me to delete those FILES . they appears when im pressing WIN + R and then i just tipe f and drag the box and they're appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-those-files/e79f1deb-81ec-4862-8420-9b7cc8a86290
  3. How to delete those files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete those files: Hello someone can help me to delete those FILES . they appears when im pressing WIN + R and then i just tipe f and drag the box and they're appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-those-files/e79f1deb-81ec-4862-8420-9b7cc8a86290
  4. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  5. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  6. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  7. File deleted accidentally

File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  8. Cannot open HTML files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open HTML files: I am struggling to suddenly not be able to open my HTML files that edit on Expression Web 4. I am using windows 10 ver 1903 I get the error message Server Error:The server extensions were unable to access the file E:\New Volume\4_para_sqn_re\lincolnshire_page1.htm Please...
  9. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...
  10. Double click doesn't open htm/html files

Double click doesn't open htm/html files: Hi, in my new Hp EliteBook 850 G4, I've a very strange issue. I can't try a restore, since company gave me it after configurating it and updating to the last version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Windows Update, and the issue was from the beginning. I've Microsoft Edge,...