Windows 10: Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously...

Discus and support Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Long story, short... I enabled the system admin and assigned it a PW and then I'm not really sure what happened, but I think I was messing around with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Truth_Sleuth, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously...

Long story, short... I enabled the system admin and assigned it a PW and then I'm not really sure what happened, but I think I was messing around with the permissions for a basic user account and whatever I did deleted the only admin account profile and seemingly changed the PW to the system admin simultaneously which is a problem because now nobody has admin rights nor the ability to use the enabled system admin and everything I know to do in order to restore the local/original admin can't be done because everything requires elevated privileges. I need to restore the original admin's user pro

:)

Truth_Sleuth, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 30, 2021
  3. admin pw/ pwr on pw

My HP15-f272wm laptop is not accepting my admin pw/pwr on pw. I try 3 times and it tells me invalid pw and disables my pc. The only option is to shutdown pwr up and try again, I cannot bios setup, recover or change boot order( esc, f2, f9, f11, f12 or
    delete. please I just got this laptop and it's a beauty.

johnpamias, Jun 30, 2021
  4. bovepsiu8 Win User

Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously...

accidentally set HomeGroupUser$ as admin.

Hi, I recently accidentally set homegroupuser$ as admin, and my microsoft account as Guest, now I dont have any admin rights, i cant even access setting or use command prompt as administrator.

I tried many different methods online but still couldnt fix the problem. I entered safe mode, wanted to active the hidden admin account but i couldnt. It asked me to enter the admin password and click
    "yes", but I couldnt enter any pw there is no space for me to do so.

I also wanted to try to restore the pc and many other options in troubleshooting, but it kept asking me to sign in as admin and only homegroupuser$ is shown under...I
    never set up this homegroupuser$ account before so I have no idea what is the password for it.

Anyone knows how to fix it?? I want to get back the admin rights, set up a local account for logging in and admin purpose.

thanks a millon for any suggestions!

cheers

bovepsiu8, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously...

1. Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously... - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted admin

2. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  3. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  4. Accidentally deleted admin user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Admin PW reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin PW reset: When I follow the steps to change my admin PW after I click on change PW I get a message that says something went wrong try again. Any advice on why I am getting this error message?...
  6. Admin PW reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin PW reset: When I follow the steps to change my admin PW after I click on change PW I get a message that says something went wrong try again. Any advice on why I am getting this error message?...
  7. Admin PW reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Accidentally deleted the only Admin WIN10 & somehow the System Admin's PW was changed in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted the only Admin WIN10 & somehow the System Admin's PW was changed in...: Long story, short... I enabled the system admin and assigned it a PW and then I'm not really sure what happened, but I think I was messing around with the permissions for a basic user account and whatever I did deleted the only admin account profile and seemingly changed the...
  9. I accidentally lost admin access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally lost admin access: I accidentally demote myself to standard account on windows 10 . And created a new admin account but I can't sign in to my new admin account whenever I tried to log into it , it shows "you need to install an app for this task " and when i click on yes it bring me to the login...
  10. Deleted my only accessible admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted my only accessible admin account: Please help, yesterday I was going to delete an account that was under the name "local test" because I have recently made a local account, but later signed back into my microaoft account, i have found some things flawed with the system. I would like to know if there is a...