Windows 10: Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working

Discus and support Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a problem with my laptop speaker. It has a red cross next to the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried to fix it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OlaMoh, Oct 12, 2018.

1. OlaMoh Win User

Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working

I had a problem with my laptop speaker. It has a red cross next to the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried to fix it but ended up deleting a drive called sounds, videos and game controllers, under Device Manager. How do I retrieve that drive as well as get my sound to work again?

I have a WINDOW 10 and an hp laptop

:)

OlaMoh, Oct 12, 2018

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 13, 2018
  3. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working

Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working

1. Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted sounds

2. I accidentally deleted my speakers/headphones audio selection in my sound settings. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my speakers/headphones audio selection in my sound settings. Windows 11: I have triedRestartingSystem RestorePlugging in headphones stupid but i tried it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-my-speakersheadphones-audio/e1ed3a75-a013-499b-a4c9-1c6aaa5dcc2b
  3. I accidentally deleted my speakers/headphones audio selection in my sound settings. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my speakers/headphones audio selection in my sound settings. Windows 11: I have triedRestartingSystem RestorePlugging in headphones stupid but i tried it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-my-speakersheadphones-audio/e1ed3a75-a013-499b-a4c9-1c6aaa5dcc2b
  4. accidentally deleted sound on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally deleted sound on windows 11: hi there, i am using windows 11, when i try to clear something on task manager to make my laptop faster, i accidentally pressed end process on something, i have no idea what it is, but when i go onto a vc on discord, i cant hear anything, until i wear my headphones. Not sure...
  5. accidentally deleted sound on windows 11

accidentally deleted sound on windows 11: hi there, i am using windows 11, when i try to clear something on task manager to make my laptop faster, i accidentally pressed end process on something, i have no idea what it is, but when i go onto a vc on discord, i cant hear anything, until i wear my headphones. Not sure...
  6. Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver: Hi,I use hdmi cable to connect laptop to Sharp TV, before it worked fine. Then not sure why and how, the audio doesn't automatically switch to TV when it is connected to the TV. I have tried to look at Playback, the SHARP word is there. I accidentally remove it. Now on...
  7. Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver

Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver: Hi,I use hdmi cable to connect laptop to Sharp TV, before it worked fine. Then not sure why and how, the audio doesn't automatically switch to TV when it is connected to the TV. I have tried to look at Playback, the SHARP word is there. I accidentally remove it. Now on...
  8. Accidentally Delete Sharp Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I accidentally deleted a sound file,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally deleted a sound file,: I deleted this file and have had half the sound output since. Is there any way to reinstall it? \FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251030&REV_1000\4&2be13cf1&0&0001 requires further installation. I'm not a computer whiz!...
  10. my audio / sound does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    my audio / sound does not work: I have a problem help my audio or sound does not work and I have not updated anything just since yesterday it does not work I was playing a game and I did not hear I thought it was for the game so I ignored it but today I played another game and it is not heard but I think...