Windows 10: Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager...

Discus and support Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any possible way to restore it back, If yes how can I restore it? submitted by /u/Gunotham [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gunotham, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager...

Is there any possible way to restore it back, If yes how can I restore it?

submitted by /u/Gunotham
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gunotham, Jul 19, 2020

2. Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, Jul 19, 2020
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
    Task Manager Startup Items missing

I just tested this on Windows 10 version 1903 and it still applies. If you delete either your Startup folder or the All Users startup folder, then all items disappear from Task Manager Startup tab (even if all items normally there are from the registry).

As soon as you recreate even an empty user startup folder or empty all users startup folder (both must be present), then all items reappear on the Task Manager Startup tab.

I was helped by a Windows 8 answer from six years ago:

4. mad4some Win User

Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager...

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are no startup items to display" showing. I just recently installed Chrome and I'm certain that it should be there. Anybody have this??? Comments/ideas please, thanks Mark

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1

mad4some, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager...

1. Accidentally deleted the Startup Folder in AppData and now my startup tab in task manager... - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted Startup

2. Task Manager Startup Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Startup Folder: My Windows 10 Task Manager startup folder is bloated! What are the essential files that have to be there?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-startup-folder/50c345b8-25a0-497e-b753-2d6b1b611205
  3. Task Manager Startup Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Startup Folder: My Windows 10 Task Manager startup folder is bloated! What are the essential files that have to be there?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-startup-folder/50c345b8-25a0-497e-b753-2d6b1b611205
  4. Task Manager Startup Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  6. My Phone app is now listed in task manager's startup tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Phone app is now listed in task manager's startup tab: Has anyone else noticed that the latest update to that app has added it there? I have disallowed its working in the background, and that must be why it's also shown as 'disabled' in startup. 168763
  7. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  8. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  9. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to recover startup folder