Windows 10: Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker

Discus and support Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I hope you doing well. I would like to get help about an accident because I almost got a heart attack. I wanted to format my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fisnik R, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Fisnik R Win User

Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker

Hi all,

I hope you doing well. I would like to get help about an accident because I almost got a heart attack.

I wanted to format my laptop. Before that I sent all data do the Partition D: that was encrypted with Bitlocker. I alsosaved recovery key in any case.

After that I booted with USB Windows 10 to format the drive deleted all partitions of the drive, when I made the killing mistake anddeleted even partition D: by accident.

So the drive now looks like this:

Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker 858925f7-2075-46a0-9816-ecbc3bbef7cb?upload=true.png

After I deleted drive I didn't format it or didn't do anything. I just let it like that. I tried to recover with some methods but none of them works.

Tried EASEUS Data recovery == it shows only Partition C: data

Tried BitLocker Data Recovery == Password and Recovery key not working.

Tried M3 Bitlocker Recovery == Password and Recovery key not working.

Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker 1053100a-6190-4834-8442-72da7ff3a666?upload=true.png

Halseo and M3 are not accepting Recovery key and password, I think because I deleted all recovery partitions.

Before delete partitions I had:

Samsung SSD Evo 850 - 512Gb

Windows 10 Pro

Drive D: Bitlocker.

I also have a backup of some data but I'm missing many important data.

I hope you feel my pain and I appreciate any advice or help about the problem I have.

Honestly

Fisnik

:)

Fisnik R, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Alex F Win User

How to delete D drive encrypted by Bitlocker without password or recovery key?

There's a Dell PC running Windows 10 in my office that a previous user had that they created an encrypted D drive with Bitlocker. The guy has left and nobody has proper contact with them.

I don't care about the data on the D drive I just want to delete the drive off the PC. Steps I have already taken are:

• Reinstall Windows
    • Reset the PC with the options "Remove everything" and "Only drives where windows is installed"

When I chose the option "All drives" I get an error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC".

Can anyone provide instructions on how to delete the D drive encrypted with Bitlocker?

Alex F, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Sophie707 Win User
    How to use Bitlocker to encrypt (and automatically decrypt) a single but partitioned hard-drive (C and D partitions)?

Hey Solar Eclipse,

I was brave enough today to enable Bitlocker on both my C: and D: partitions of my hard-drive.

Everything went well, following your instructions.

I enabled Bitlocker first on the C: partition (where Windows 10 is installed), and then on the D: partition.

While enabling Bitlocker on the C: partition, the partition unlocked (and continues to unlock) automatically - a Bitlocker password was not requested.

Regards the D: partition, it also unlocks automatically - the wizard for enabling Bitlocker on the D: partition had automatic unlocking as an option, which I chose.

So other than not having to input a Bitlocker password while enabling Bitlocker on the C: partition, your instructions are exact. So I'm marking your post as an answer.

Many thanks!!

Sophie707, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker

1. Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted whole

2. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:: Hi, while attempting and successfully doing the fix listed in the following post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf - I accidentally partitioned...
  3. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:: Hi, while attempting and successfully doing the fix listed in the following post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf - I accidentally partitioned...
  4. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  6. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  7. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Accidentally deleted a full partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted a full partition: As the title says, I accidentally deleted a partition on my disk, which left it all unallocated. I still have access to the system since the affected disk was a secondary one. How can I recover the partition, or at least the data? Nothing has been written to the disk yet...
  9. Delete a duplicate Drive D partition

Delete a duplicate Drive D partition: How do I delete a duplicate Drive D partition. In file explorer, two Drive D folders appear. One has a down arrow on the drive D icon. Ther other has a music note icon next to the Drive D. Opening either one displays the same content. DIsk manager shows only on drive D....
  10. Bitlocker Deleted Partition

Bitlocker Deleted Partition: So, after downloading Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18348 my computer system started to have some issues. I decided to restore my operating system from a previous image. Everything went well until I noticed that one of my internal drives which had BitLocker enabled had...