Windows 10: Accidentally deleted user profile

Discus and support Accidentally deleted user profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by celtic_chieftain, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Accidentally deleted user profile

Hi

I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was.

My questions are:

1) how did this occur and how do i prevent it happening again? (because i still want to delete the previous owner’s user profile)

2) how do i delete the previous iser profle without deleting or corrupting anything else?

:)

celtic_chieftain, Jan 1, 2019

2. Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Accidentally deleted user profile

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally deleted user profile

1. Accidentally deleted user profile - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted user

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  5. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  6. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  7. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  8. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Accidentally Deleted User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted User: I am using a new computer, and I am new to Windows. I accidentally deleted the user using Windows key + R, and then "control userpasswords2". I thought I had renamed my user, but now I cannot run or open any file. I went back to user account doing the same method, but there...
  10. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user profile accidentally deleted: Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that? I do not have a restore back up date. None of the files I had on my desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i make a new profle on my hp note