Windows 10: Accidentally deleted windows files.

Discus and support Accidentally deleted windows files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So an accident happened. I was messing around with a Windows XP vm in virtualbox and discovered it had a file manager. So what if i deleted the C:\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmusingMeteor0, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Accidentally deleted windows files.

So an accident happened. I was messing around with a Windows XP vm in virtualbox and discovered it had a file manager. So what if i deleted the C:\ drive of the VM? I did exactly that, but instead accidentally chose the actual C:\ drive on my actual system and did not realize this until it deleted my desktop background and my desktop icons. I have system restore disabled and already did sfc /scannow but it didnt restore everything. Search is also gone so I have to use the run box. I need help. Also most apps I had are gone and so is edge and every other browser I had installed. Microsoft store doesnt launch either. And I had IE disabled from the windows features.

:)

AmusingMeteor0, Aug 21, 2019

2. Files Deleted During Failed Windows Update

If you saved your video projects, they should be on the drive (barring any file system corruption). You can give Recuva a try:

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!​
    Download the portable version on another PC, unpack it on a flash drive, pop the drive in the trouble machine, and run it off the flash drive. You want to make as few changes to the hard drive as possible before running the recovery program.

Static~Charge, Aug 21, 2019
  3. LizChilds Win User
    Printer accidentally deleted

I accidentally deleted my printer on hp laptop windows 10 and now it does not show up in the list of printers to reconnect

LizChilds, Aug 21, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Accidentally deleted windows files.

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally deleted windows files.

1. Accidentally deleted windows files. - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted files

2. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  3. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  4. Accidentally Deleted Registy file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Deleted Registy file: Hello first thank you in advance for your time and helpso i accidentally deleted 1 folder and 1 file to fix a problem but now the problem i am facing is bigger than previous , my all USB ports stoppped working and my touchpad tooi deleted whole...
  5. Accidentally Deleted Registy file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally Deleted Registy file: Hello first thank you in advance for your time and helpso i accidentally deleted 1 folder and 1 file to fix a problem but now the problem i am facing is bigger than previous , my all USB ports stoppped working and my touchpad tooi deleted whole...
  6. Accidentally Deleted Registy file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Accidentally deleted the file "INetHistory".

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted the file "INetHistory".: Accidentally deleted the file INetHistory from appdata (Local). Being stupid as i am, i ended up disregarding a redditor's advice not to mess too much with files i don't know what they are for and deleted it accidentally. Nothing seems different, but i wonder if i should do...
  8. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  9. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...
  10. Accidentally deleted registry file

Accidentally deleted registry file: Accidentaly deleted “microsoft” from registry files when i meant to delete something else. I can’t do much as of now but when i try to start windows it says error and restarts it again, until i get the troubleshoot screen. Any help/advice to fix this and restore the...