Windows 10: Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons

Discus and support Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad E585 running Windows 10 10.0.18363. I just opened it up and wiped off the touchpad and keyboard to get rid of some oil and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshuaDerkowski, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons

I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad E585 running Windows 10 10.0.18363. I just opened it up and wiped off the touchpad and keyboard to get rid of some oil and now the mouse buttons don't work. Was on the sign-in screen. At least, the primary ones don't. This model has a primary set up Left, Middle, and Right click buttons between the spacebar and the touch pad, and the touchpad has a secondary pair of Left and Right click buttons built into the bottom of the touchpad. And I mean actual tactile clicking, not just tapping. The bottom pair works just fine still, but the primary set has stopped working. I obviously activated some sort of keyboard shortcut, can anyone tell me what that shortcut is so I can apply it again?

That said PLEASE, for the love of all that is good in the world, do not tell me to restart or change a setting or something. Even if that solves the problem, that doesn't answer my question.

:)

JoshuaDerkowski, Jan 11, 2021

2. Creator's Update disables FarCry-3 mouse buttons.

Hi,

Outdated or incorrect device drivers may cause the side buttons of your mouse to get disabled after a recent upgrade. For us to effectively assist you in rectifying the mouse button issue, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Is the issue confined to the Far Cry 3 game only?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device aside from the forced update that happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Disabling trackpad when external mouse is active

I have an ASUS laptop running Win10. The touchpad gestures sometimes accidentally activate and make a hash of my typing. I wish to use an external mouse and disable trackpad automatically when that mouse is active. Your advice says:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Select Ease of Access.
    3. Click Touchpad.
    4. Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    5. You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

As you no doubt know, these instructions are WRONG. There is no toggle switch under touchpad, and no option to toggle touchpad off when using external mouse.

I allow WIN10 to update. It is updated.

So what is the secret? And why is it a secret?

Editorsteve1, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons

Mouse Button Disabled

Hi,

Your mouse buttons right and left-click can be assigned, disabled, and enabled in several ways. For us to rectify your query in enabling these mouse pointers, we suggest starting the computer in
    safe mode by following the steps on this article: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10. Check if you encounter
    the same difficulty afterwards. This method has been proven to resolve concerns with programs and drivers that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons

1. Accidentally disabled laptop mouse buttons - Similar Threads - Accidentally disabled laptop

2. Disable middle mouse button altering sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable middle mouse button altering sensitivity: Hi,I have had my wireless mouse for years, so long I can't remember what specific make or model it is. Control panel simply shows it as "HID-compliant mouse" with manufacturer "Microsoft". The middle mouse button cycles through 5 sensitivity profiles. I would really like to...
  3. Disable middle mouse button altering sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable middle mouse button altering sensitivity: Hi,I have had my wireless mouse for years, so long I can't remember what specific make or model it is. Control panel simply shows it as "HID-compliant mouse" with manufacturer "Microsoft". The middle mouse button cycles through 5 sensitivity profiles. I would really like to...
  4. Disable middle mouse button altering sensitivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable Right Mouse Button:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Right Mouse Button:: My hand shakes and is always hitting the right mouse button. I have seen in earlier posts I can edit the registry, but that was 10 years ago. Before I mess with the registry I want to know if it has changed in the past ten years.Follow these steps to disable mouse right click...
  6. Disable Right Mouse Button:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Right Mouse Button:: My hand shakes and is always hitting the right mouse button. I have seen in earlier posts I can edit the registry, but that was 10 years ago. Before I mess with the registry I want to know if it has changed in the past ten years.Follow these steps to disable mouse right click...
  7. Disable side buttons on mouse

Disable side buttons on mouse: Hello, I have a problem with my gaming mouse from SPACER model SP-GM-02. The model comes with side buttons which I want to disable. When pressed while browsing, these buttons go forward or back. This is really annoying because I keep pressing them on accident. How do I...
  8. Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...: So I am in a funk. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong and I feel like I have tried what I could and need some specific help. It started with my pc randomly deciding to freeze and restart after my girlfriend installed Epic Games' online service. Whether or not this...
  9. Any way to disable mouse DPI button?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable mouse DPI button?: I have a simple mouse with side buttons and a DPI button, it's pretty new but seems to be working strange, can't return it. RMB sometimes triggers the dpi button for some reason, and you've guessed it, the mouse starts getting ultra fast and it's annoying. It doesn't have a...
  10. I accidentally disabled my laptop keyboard

I accidentally disabled my laptop keyboard: Hi everybody I was wondering whether somebody can help me? I was trying to enable my laptop keyboard back light for the keys and I accidentally disabled the entire keyboard, so can only now use the onscreen keyboard on my HP Spectre x360. I may gone into the bios and the...