Windows 10: Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

Discus and support Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The Sims 4 (opened on Origin) wasn't starting up so I tried disabling services to reboot my comp for a "clean boot" but accidentally disabled all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnnabelleShutlar, May 3, 2019.

1. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

The Sims 4 (opened on Origin) wasn't starting up so I tried disabling services to reboot my comp for a "clean boot" but accidentally disabled all my Microsoft services and now my comp won't accept any of my passwords. When I try to troubleshoot it, it either doesn't work or just restarts. Nothing I've tried has worked.

:)

AnnabelleShutlar, May 3, 2019

2. Msconfig services disabled

I accidentally disabled all msconfig services,all appears are the internet icon wich is not connected to the internet,ease of access and power icon. I cant log in to the window that is already been disabled please help me on how to enable all the msconfig
    services that i accidentally disabled.

GeoffCarter08, May 3, 2019
  3. SaintAims Win User
    Windows 10 services disabled accidentally

Hi guys today I made a mistake in the start-up services tab and I put disable all services, so when i start windows 10 it stays in the "photo" screen like it when you power up after suspending windows.

Basically here is the process I followed but I did wrong the part of ticking hide all windows services:

END BACKGROUND TASKS AND SERVICES

Hold the Windows key and press the letter R to open the Run window.
    In the Run window that appears, type msconfig (without the quotes) and click OK .
    In the System Configuration window, click on the Startup tab.
    Click the Disable all button.
    Click on the Services tab.
    Click on the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services , which will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list.
    Click on the Disable all button and click OK .
    You will be prompted to restart the computer, which you should do before proceeding.
    Restart your computer.

Please could someone help me get back all the services I deleted?
    Thnx

SaintAims, May 3, 2019
  4. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

SamSs Service Deleted accidentally

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• What was the last step you performed before deleting it accidently?
    • Check if you find it under Services?
    Follow the steps below to check the SAMSs.

1. Press
    Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.

2. Type
    services.msc. Click on Ok.

3. Then find
    SAMSs. Right-click on it to
    Stop it and Restart it.

If you do not find it in services, then I suggest you to try the steps below.

Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
    Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Then type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and hit Enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

1. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in - Similar Threads - Accidentally disabled Microsoft

2. I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in: So I accidentally just disabled all services in msconfig and now I'm not able to log in it stuck in the lock screen. There is only 2 option for login with PIN or fingerprint. Unfortunately, both options won't be able to use due to biometric fingerprints having been disabled,...
  3. I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in: So I accidentally just disabled all services in msconfig and now I'm not able to log in it stuck in the lock screen. There is only 2 option for login with PIN or fingerprint. Unfortunately, both options won't be able to use due to biometric fingerprints having been disabled,...
  4. I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in: I was trying to do a clean boot up. I have tried every solution on the internet and nothing worked for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-disabled-all-microsoft-services-in/8d9ac8d7-92d0-4220-bc5e-8ed43bc1598d
  5. I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in: I was trying to do a clean boot up. I have tried every solution on the internet and nothing worked for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-disabled-all-microsoft-services-in/8d9ac8d7-92d0-4220-bc5e-8ed43bc1598d
  6. I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in

7. accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in: I was trying to do a clean boot, but forgot to check the "hide all microsoft services" box. Now I can't log in, or boot into safe mode. Any help is appreciated....
  8. accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in

accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in: I was trying to do a clean boot, but forgot to check the "hide all microsoft services" box. Now I can't log in, or boot into safe mode. Any help is appreciated....
  9. accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...: I was fiddling around with services and disabled one that had a description that said something like “controls signing in and out” or something like that. My dumbass disabled it and now I’m just greeted with a login screen with no login menu... Restart and shutdown doesn’t...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. services msconfig

2. computr cant start Windows 10 services disabled accidentally