Windows 10: Accidentally disabled my wifi connection, and now i cant reconnect.

Discus and support Accidentally disabled my wifi connection, and now i cant reconnect. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was attempting to figure out how to fix my internet connection, and there was an option which said disable, which i thought would temporarily disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeffspeak, Sep 8, 2015.

1. jeffspeak Win User

Accidentally disabled my wifi connection, and now i cant reconnect.

I was attempting to figure out how to fix my internet connection, and there was an option which said disable, which i thought would temporarily disable my connection and allow me to simply reconnect. i hit that disable button, and all of the wifi disappeared from my laptop. i physically have turned the wifi on and off multiple times, but the internet connections box wont even show a wifi option. i connected with an ethernet to the internet, and it works fine. i dont know how to reenable the wifi on this new windows 10 system, since i just got it yesterday. i am using an older acer aspire 5742-6814 laptop. please help.

:)

jeffspeak, Sep 8, 2015
  2. mike1571 Win User

Wifi on the lumia 550

hi guys,

i have recently bought the lumia 550, everything is great except the wifi it is connected to my house but if i walk to the shop and then back again the wifi doesn't reconnect, it just says that its available but when i try to reconnect . it just says cant connect
    at the moment, i have to turn off my phone and then back on again and everything works fine until i leave my house again. i cant even just turn off wifi and back on even tried flight mode and back again still nothing.

this is windows 10

p.s sorry for grammer and spelling

mike1571, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Msconfig services disabled

I accidentally disabled all msconfig services,all appears are the internet icon wich is not connected to the internet,ease of access and power icon. I cant log in to the window that is already been disabled please help me on how to enable all the msconfig
    services that i accidentally disabled.

GeoffCarter08, Sep 8, 2015
  4. hawkman Win User

Does the wifi driver show in device manager with a down black arrow or is there an unknown device.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    If you restart your laptop it should come back.

Gary, Sep 8, 2015
  6. ausgumbie Win User
    ausgumbie, Sep 13, 2015
  7. akshat Win User
    Hi,
    Press 'windows' key and 'R' and in the run command, type 'ncpa.cpl', press enter. In that, you should see your disabled connetction, just right click and enable it.

Cheers.

akshat, Sep 13, 2015
  8. jeffspeak Win User

That did it! Thank you!*Biggrin

jeffspeak, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Thank You SO Much Akshat!

I Am Dragon, Nov 29, 2015
  10. Snurey Win User
    I literally had to register just to say thanks, you're a fuc*ing legend bro. Cheers.

Snurey, Feb 4, 2016
  11. What if I do that and it comes up and there is no wifi option. Just Bluetooth and Ethernet?

Jonjonbo22, Mar 21, 2016
  12. You saved me! So easy. Thanks. I see this was posted 2 years ago. The gift that keeps on giving.

Marielaina457, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accidentally disabled my wifi connection, and now i cant reconnect. - Similar Threads - Accidentally disabled wifi

2. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect to my wifi: Now my laptop is windows 10. When I turn on the wifi signal, there is no signal. When I click on the wifi icon, it shows up.Change settings, such as making a connection metered. Then turn on airplane mode. At first I thought my wifi modem box had a problem.But my phone can...
  3. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect to my wifi: Now my laptop is windows 10. When I turn on the wifi signal, there is no signal. When I click on the wifi icon, it shows up.Change settings, such as making a connection metered. Then turn on airplane mode. At first I thought my wifi modem box had a problem.But my phone can...
  4. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect to my wifi: Whenever i try to troubleshoot it doesnt work. I cant see my wifi but it works fine on my other devices. I did all the updates. I have also re installed the wifi driver and searched for new updates online. Nothing fixed it. I can see the wifi in control panel but it keeps...
  6. I cant connect to my wifi

I cant connect to my wifi: Whenever i try to troubleshoot it doesnt work. I cant see my wifi but it works fine on my other devices. I did all the updates. I have also re installed the wifi driver and searched for new updates online. Nothing fixed it. I can see the wifi in control panel but it keeps...
  7. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I cant connect to my wifi D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect to my wifi D:: I have a lenovo laptop that i just updated windows on, I can't connect to my Wi-Fi, I have tried troubleshooting,services,control panel and everything I've tried to find to help! nothing has worked i got it connected through ethernet but i can't find my Wi-Fi button nor will...
  9. I cant connect to my wifi D:

I cant connect to my wifi D:: I have a lenovo laptop that i just updated windows on, I can't connect to my Wi-Fi, I have tried troubleshooting,services,control panel and everything I've tried to find to help! nothing has worked i got it connected through ethernet but i can't find my Wi-Fi button nor will...
  10. I cant connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant connect to WiFi: This have been a thing in my laptop for so long, i cant use WiFi it only work for like 2 minutes when i start my laptop and then it can never work again (it says error connecting to the network) unless i uninstall my network adapter or reset my network settings and after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally disabled my wifi