Windows 10: Accidentally disk clean wrong disk

Discus and support Accidentally disk clean wrong disk in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i was about to install fresh windows 10 bcs it crashed after update and bsod. Maybe because it was bloated and pretty full on disks. It won’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/korelation, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Accidentally disk clean wrong disk

So i was about to install fresh windows 10 bcs it crashed after update and bsod. Maybe because it was bloated and pretty full on disks. It won’t recover or turn back updates. Then in installation menu “windows can’t found or create”. So i try to find solution online (windows help center) and follow them up until disk clean and allocate new partition that I didn’t noticed (and notified) that it actually clean disks. Not cleaning actual partition (bcs the cmd interface directly show the partition and selected it). Can i actually recover my data? It was from like 2011. I’ve tried recover my friends harddrive back in 2016 with minitool and succeeded but the drive haven’t been allocated yet. Can i recover them this time even though it was already allocated? (Haven’t installed windows yet. I stopped after I realized what have i done after i close the CMD and showed already partitioned new drive and all free of space)

submitted by /u/korelation
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/korelation, Jul 3, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Accidentally disk clean wrong disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Accidentally disk clean wrong disk

clean disk

Hello,

First, you're missed the disk selection part. Second, do not clean the drive on which Windows is installed, and of course it wouldn't work.

If you're doing this for any other drive, use below mentioned sequence of commands (replace # with actual disk number):

diskpart

list disk

select disk #

clean

exit

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally disk clean wrong disk

1. Accidentally disk clean wrong disk - Similar Threads - Accidentally disk clean

2. cleaning a partition not a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cleaning a partition not a disk: I do not want to clean all the disk cause it is divided into 3 partitions and I need to use the first partition only for windows and keep the data on the other two partitions, so what should I do?...
  3. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  4. Clean up disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  5. Disk Space Wrong!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Space Wrong!: I tried to download a game today, after a Windows update, and I couldn't. Widows thinks my C: drive only has 26.2 GB from of 465 GB, when I should have 1TB. I don't know what to do. submitted by /u/Dark-Lark [link] [comments]...
  6. clean disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    clean disk: why do i receive this message when doing a diskpart clean why wont it work thank you [img] 130268
  7. clean disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean disk: how do i run clean disk [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I PUT DISK NUMBER THEN CLEAN DID NOT WORK? THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk/f8fc49d8-1513-4432-abee-eb35de5f7bb6
  8. Clean hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean hard disk: I was wondering about using Darik,s Boot and Nuke to clean the hard disk and install windows pro a question for greg maccormack thanks gary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-hard-disk/4ddd9e55-3b50-4b95-ab5a-c88d0292f245
  9. Disk Clean

Disk Clean: With recent updates the native "Disk Clean" app MS added a new feature, that is, "Downloads". I keep nothing in any "Downloads Folders" any/all downloads are transferred to a USB flash drive after installing for ease of reinstalling after a clean install. Question is: The...
  10. Cleaning disk

Cleaning disk: Hello, sorry for the bad translation, I hope it is correct. In Windows 10 there is a tool called "CLEANING DISK". It examines the disk and give you some option of things that you can delete (recicle bin, cache, memory dump, etc.). What I don't understand is the...