Windows 10: Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

Discus and support Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently fresh installed the latest Windows 10, but during the install I forgot I still had my portable Windows 7 on my 32GB Flash Drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emmanuel CyCoyoca, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

Hello, I've recently fresh installed the latest Windows 10, but during the install I forgot I still had my portable Windows 7 on my 32GB Flash Drive. Now my PC detects my flash drive as a bootable device and startup at Choose Operating System. Here is the problem, when I remove my Flash Drive with Win7 on it, my PC doesn't detect that my HDD has Windows 10 on it, only it recognize when I plug back the Flash Drive. I tried deleting the second OS on the msconfig, still nothing changed.

:)

Emmanuel CyCoyoca, Nov 21, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Nov 21, 2021
  3. longhorn Win User
    HDD Caddy Not Detected in Windows 10 Dual Boot

Hi Guys I got a HP 15 here that I have dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7. I recently bought an HDD Caddy that goes into the DVD drive, I have a SSD thats 128GB on it.

On windows 10, the hdd / caddy is not detected at all.
    Another issue being if keep it connected turning the laptop on, it always goes into Windows 7 (no option to chose os/boot menu.

*Sad

longhorn, Nov 21, 2021
  4. AlyMdr Win User

Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

Dual boot windows 10

Can I dual boot windows 10 from two HDDs in the same PC rather than dual boot from same HDD and how? and will this not affects windows license and or activation?

AlyMdr, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

1. Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug... - Similar Threads - Accidentally Dual boot

2. I accidentally unplugged my asus while it was reinstalling windows and now there's an error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally unplugged my asus while it was reinstalling windows and now there's an error...: What do I do if my asus got unplugged while it was reinstalling windows because at start up I get error message to restart but it says the same thing...
  3. I accidentally unplugged my asus while it was reinstalling windows and now there's an error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally unplugged my asus while it was reinstalling windows and now there's an error...: What do I do if my asus got unplugged while it was reinstalling windows because at start up I get error message to restart but it says the same thing...
  4. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  5. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  6. Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...: Hello, I've recently fresh installed the latest Windows 10, but during the install I forgot I still had my portable Windows 7 on my 32GB Flash Drive. Now my PC detects my flash drive as a bootable device and startup at Choose Operating System. Here is the problem, when I...
  7. Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally Dual-boot my pc, now the Windows 10 on my hdd is not detectable when I unplug...: Hello, I've recently fresh installed the latest Windows 10, but during the install I forgot I still had my portable Windows 7 on my 32GB Flash Drive. Now my PC detects my flash drive as a bootable device and startup at Choose Operating System. Here is the problem, when I...
  8. Unplug HDD when installing Windows 10 on my SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unplug HDD when installing Windows 10 on my SSD?: Hey everyone! I just ordered my first custom PC (I'm not very handy, so I didn't want to take the risk of fucking it up when building it myself and the store I ordered from isn't too expensive when it comes to assembling the PC). When it arrives, I will have to install...
  9. Windows keep booting into Bios when I unplug my external HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keep booting into Bios when I unplug my external HDD: Hi, My windows keep booting into Bios when I unplugged my external hdd. I've checked the boot priority and it's set to boot from my C drive, but when I unplug the external HDD before starting up, it just can't boot normally. I can boot just fine with the external HDD...
  10. HDD Caddy Not Detected in Windows 10 Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Caddy Not Detected in Windows 10 Dual Boot: Hi Guys I got a HP 15 here that I have dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7. I recently bought an HDD Caddy that goes into the DVD drive, I have a SSD thats 128GB on it. On windows 10, the hdd / caddy is not detected at all. Another issue being if keep it connected...