Windows 10: Accidentally Entered My Password Manager Password On Search?

Discus and support Accidentally Entered My Password Manager Password On Search? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. While i was trying to log into my password manager, i accidentally typed the password in microsoft edge as oppose to the password manager. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Accidentally Entered My Password Manager Password On Search?

Hi. While i was trying to log into my password manager, i accidentally typed the password in microsoft edge as oppose to the password manager. This has never happened before. I use google chrome normally as web browsing but had no idea how microsoft edge opened. Basically i had password manager opened, then i typed it in and entered... not knowing it was not typing into edge and not the password manager. Then i noticed my password manager password was entered on search as I entered it. I'm pretty sure it was through bing as that is the default search engine on microsoft edge. Again I don't use microsoft edge. I then opened microsoft edge and when i went to address bar in search and typed the first few letters of my password manager, noticed is in my search history. I then went to history and deleted it and now it no longer appears. My question now is... is my password manager password still safe or not? Thing is I'm pretty positive I don't have any malware/virus on my windows computer as im pretty careful with it. I do have my password manager stored in my computer usb stick on the cloud in my email So is there any chance my password manager password could be compromised? Would it been safer had i typed and entered it on google as oppose to bing? I read google does record everything you search for? Is that true? So what about bing? - - - Updated - - - Now in order to access my password manager, you would need access to my laptop... or my usb stick or my cloud email. I do have bitlocker enabled so in order to get in my laptop, you need to enter a pin. Now would you say my password manager password is still safe? Because well someone could get into it in the cloud... but they still need to know my email and email password. But if they have the password manager password, is that still fine as they need my email and password for the cloud email? So would you say its absolutely necessary to change my password manager password? Thing is i been using this password for years and thus easy for me to remember and I don't really want to change it. Other question I have is... if someone had access to my computer, could they see the password manager password i typed in the history if they are tech savy even though i deleted the history? I assume yes right? I no longer see it when i type it in bing though on microsoft edge. So who has access to the password i typed in? I assume my ISP right and bing? Thanks.

:)

paulyjustin, Aug 9, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Recommend me a password manager

As the title says, recommend me a password manager.
    Safe, preferably free and not stored online. Would be nice if I can copy some sort of database with the passwords to my other computers,
    so that I don't need to enter all passwords again on all computers.
    Or recommend me another way to store passwords in a safe way.

Thanks!

P4-630, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Accidentally Entered My Password Manager Password On Search?

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally Entered My Password Manager Password On Search?

1. Accidentally Entered My Password Manager Password On Search? - Similar Threads - Accidentally Entered Password

2. enter password and returns to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  3. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  4. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enter the password for this account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enter the password for this account: It’s frustrating. I rebooted my computer and I got an error that it couldn’t boot up correctly, so I searched up some videos on how to fix it and the issue is I cannot access anything without my password, I’ve tried everything, my login pin, Microsoft password, and yes I’ve...
  6. Enter Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enter Password: Hi,my laptop shows this command after a long time I never changed the password. I have tried various ways and have entered my account password but still can't. I've tried it while connecting with internet via LAN.Thankyou...
  7. Entering WiFi Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entering WiFi Password: I just got a new router. But I can't find where to enter the password! I have gone into Settings/Network & Internet but the list on the left is Status, Ethernet, Dial-Up, VPN & Proxy. No mention of WiFi. I have gone to 'Show available Networks' and it goes to Status,...
  8. Password re-entering

Password re-entering: Hii, I'm daily notified for re-entering my password. But I not changed my password. What must to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-re-entering/aa1ebdb5-d170-4d9c-8c4a-fa7e9e25e0be"
  9. Enter Password Popup

Enter Password Popup: This just started about 2 days ago. You can't click on it and after about a minute it goes away. Any ideas? Thanks[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-popup/93abd7cc-3b5f-4437-baae-5ced93d4950a"
  10. password to enter

password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"