Windows 10: Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A

Discus and support Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, today I've downloaded an archive containing an .exe file that I executed in the first place into my secondary D: drive, the application was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by djanthony93, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A

Hello, today I've downloaded an archive containing an .exe file that I executed in the first place into my secondary D: drive, the application was working fine, nothing happened. Then I moved the entire folder to C:\Programs, that triggered Windows Defender reporting a "Trojan:Bitrep.A" so I immediately removed it.
    I've done a full Malwarebytes, Windefender, Hitman Pro, Adwcleaner and Hijackthis scan, they have not reported anything, do I need to feel safe? Do you think is enough?

:)

djanthony93, Jan 10, 2018

2. Defender cannot remove trojans.

Hi all, Currently running windows 10. Defender has detected 2 threats: Trojanwin32/sisproc!gmb and Trojanwin32/bitrep.a. I tried to clean up after scanning but the trojans have returned.

How can I completely these severe threats.

Thank's in advance.

AlexRoss1969, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Gord J L Win User
    Trojan: Win 32/Bitrep.A

OK, this is the file, but it doesn't show up if I do an admin level DOS search of the folder or

a windows explorer view with options set to reveal system and hidden files.

c:\program files (x86)\WinMend\Folder Hidden\BugFixer.exe

I think I will uninstall Winmend and see if that gets rid of the notifications. Thoughts?

Gord J L, Jan 10, 2018
  4. Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A

What was the application? Maybe it was a false-positive.

PolarNettles, Jan 11, 2018
  5. djanthony93, Jan 11, 2018
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Jan 18, 2018
  7. Do it gather all my saved passwords I've put in my applications? Like Mail, Chrome, Steam...?

djanthony93, Jan 18, 2018
  8. simrick Win User

Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A

If it was indeed a genuine infection, then yes, you have to assume the worst (including your password to log into the computer).

simrick, Jan 18, 2018
  9. As long as I've put the archive in my seconday disk Defender triggered an moved it in quarantine, I executed the executable file in which the trojan was hiding but I was not able to understand if it was blocked or not. Anyway I'm gonna assume the worst. More information would be helpful as well.

djanthony93, Jan 18, 2018
  10. simrick Win User
    simrick, Jan 18, 2018
  11. vram Win User
    Upload the exe to virus total and see what it has to say.

12. simrick Win User
    See post #3

simrick, Jan 19, 2018
  13. vram Win User

Sorry. It’s late *Smile

14. simrick Win User
    LOL No prob - been there, done that.

simrick, Jan 19, 2018
  15. Bat 1 Win User
    Can the OP do another VirusTotal on the file with it extracted ? Can't always see everything in a zipped file if the uploader is good enough.

Bat 1, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Accidentally executed a suspicious Trojan/Snojan/Bitrep.A - Similar Threads - Accidentally executed suspicious

2. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere and somebody have super user I'm not give any permission and I'm use safe network WiFi with strong password reported to PoliceRegards Jakub...
  3. Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious activity on network and suspicious something: Suspicious He made temp and try send somewhere Regards Jakub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-activity-on-network-and-suspicious/9cc70962-09f3-4d8e-821c-3256bf32ceef
  4. Suspicious Reply

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Reply: I received this to a posted question. James David64 has replied to your question Problem Saving to csv in Microsoft Community. . {6.Ơ.} “ 4..9”ᗱ.Ơ.6.7 , ....
  5. suspicious download

suspicious download: believe I am being hacked through my wifi. had to disconnect my orbi mesh and disconnect Arlo when go online. hoping my at&t router is safe but recently noticed some Microsoft downloads of apps not requested by me. I have been able to uninstall many but there are several like...
  6. suspicious apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suspicious apps: a suspicious app shows up on my pc; looks like a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-apps/e957eaf2-b537-4602-b658-d8952a0efe84
  7. Suspicious

Suspicious: Sometimes I feel that there is suspicious activity going on, there are some things in my computer files that I cant go into, (files that I didn't download) it asks for a password, but if I didn't put it on here, how am im going to know that password? There are some things...
  8. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

Accidentally restored quarantined trojan: I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification saying that the scanner skipped a file. When I click it, it takes me to the exclusions page, but there's nothing there. What...
  9. Suspicious program

Suspicious program: Attempting to open a .png file in Windows 10. the list of possible apps appears with the "Open With" option but one of the programs has the name "%1" which seems like an illegal name to me. Could this be malicious software?...
  10. Suspicious or Not?

Suspicious or Not?: Received the following from L: unmonitored@microsoft.com:- "We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account L: sellickd@hotmail.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate...