Windows 10: Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop

Discus and support Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so basically, I dowloaded a zip file, and without noticing, I extracted every file to my desktop. Now, I cannot use my desktop at all (its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kyjgohr, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:12 AM.

1. kyjgohr Win User

Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop

Okay so basically, I dowloaded a zip file, and without noticing, I extracted every file to my desktop. Now, I cannot use my desktop at all (its completely blank), but I can still open applications. I’m unsure of what to do in order to fix this issue.

:)

2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

Thema:

1. Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop - Similar Threads - Accidentally Extracted Too

2. Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?): Hi All, I'm new here, but I've had serious problems with W10 for a while and it seems to be related to how many tabs I have open in any web browser. It doesn't seem to matter which one. I've tried Chrome, FF, Edge. Just a few minutes ago Edge was using almost 10GB of RAM and...
  3. Too many printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many printers.: I have 1 networked printer. Windows 10 devices and printers is showing 7 printers. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-printers/26a46faa-ad3e-457e-aae7-c649d33dc508
  4. Too many background apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many background apps: Split from this thread. Too many background apps[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-apps/a3d63ca6-881d-4c0c-9170-9169761face3
  5. Is 149 processes too many?

Is 149 processes too many?: I recently got a new aming pc. It uses 149 processes, it is very quiet and everything, as i type using firefox and steam opened, it is only using 1% of cpu which i know is fine, but I am just wondering if down the line, as i install games or so on, it may effect it. Is 149,...
  6. too many user accounts

too many user accounts: For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents,...
  7. too many partitions on disk

too many partitions on disk: My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition) Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition) Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy...
  8. BSOD's too many to count!!

BSOD's too many to count!!: Hi, this issue started when i installed a graphics card on windows seven and is probably driver related. originally i would regularly get "irql equal to or less" but that seemed to only happen on certain things like itv player and some games. i took out the graphics and...
  9. File Explorer shows too many drives

File Explorer shows too many drives: I have 2 HDDs split into 2 drives each: C,D,E,F.. I also have one DVD drive. Also one Card Reader hooked to USB. So what the file explorer shows is C, D, E, F, DVD, Removable disk, I, J, K, and L. How do I get rid of these extra drives? They do not exist. *Confused*Confused...
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988