Windows 10: Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop

Discus and support Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so basically, I dowloaded a zip file, and without noticing, I extracted every file to my desktop. Now, I cannot use my desktop at all (its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kyjgohr, Jun 13, 2019.

1. kyjgohr Win User

Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop

Okay so basically, I dowloaded a zip file, and without noticing, I extracted every file to my desktop. Now, I cannot use my desktop at all (its completely blank), but I can still open applications. I’m unsure of what to do in order to fix this issue.

:)

kyjgohr, Jun 13, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jun 13, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop - Similar Threads - Accidentally Extracted Too

2. Too many BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many BSODs: Hello, I used to have some BSODs some time back but now i'm getting them quite frequently specially when gaming. The codes are memory_management, unexpected store exception, clock watchdog timeout, irql not less or equal for now and sometimes it just hangs and the power...
  3. too many Document files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    too many Document files: I had a Dell computer stop working. Had to use direct cable to transfer files to new Dell. Had problems and created 4 separate registry files on C drive, My computer, My name and a 4th. Every time I save a file it goes to all four document files. I am running out of memory....
  4. Too Many Trackers

in Browsers and Email
    Too Many Trackers: Hi, I run the latest version of CCleaner at the end of each day and CCleaner typically finds between 1000 and 2500 trackers...each day! I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, all updates are done, I just changed my browser from Opera to Firefox and set tracker blocking to...
  5. accidentally exported to many files onto desktop

accidentally exported to many files onto desktop: so i was exporting a project from adobe animate and forgot to make a folder for all the frames from the project to go into. it was about 27% done exporting before i realized what had happened and hit cancel. my screen shows all the files but i’m not able to open anything on...
  6. FILE EXTRACTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FILE EXTRACTION: I need to download a program to be able to extract files zip. what Free and Safe program can I download for my windows 10 computer? Thank you for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extraction/bc31b4f1-8d6b-409b-aa6e-d4614eb20fc9
  7. error:path name too long when extract file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error:path name too long when extract file: Greetings technicians, I received the error: path name too long when I extract Avid-Pro_Tools_HD_10.3.9.zip for inner files. Have any way for solving this problem in order to extract file without error....
  8. too many devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    too many devices: I opened minecraft yesterday, but today it says I have too many devices. I proceeded to remove all except home PC and it still wont work. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-devices/2b2c81e7-969b-4571-8726-d37613f3d408"
  9. Too many connections

Too many connections: RDP is broken, like everything else in the operating system. Twice now I am in RDP and twice now it just errors out. When it does I can no longer access the computer at all. I RDP back into it it says too many connections. I physically go to the PC and log in it says too many...
  10. Too many printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many printers.: I have 1 networked printer. Windows 10 devices and printers is showing 7 printers. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-printers/26a46faa-ad3e-457e-aae7-c649d33dc508

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extracted too much files on desktop

2. accidentally extracted lots of files on desktop

3. too many files extracted pc lag

4. I extracted on desktop,
  5. i accidently extracted 100 files on my desktop,
  6. i accidentally extracted to many file to my desktop