Windows 10: Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop

Discus and support Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so basically, I dowloaded a zip file, and without noticing, I extracted every file to my desktop. Now, I cannot use my desktop at all (its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kyjgohr, Jun 13, 2019.

1. kyjgohr Win User

Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop

Okay so basically, I dowloaded a zip file, and without noticing, I extracted every file to my desktop. Now, I cannot use my desktop at all (its completely blank), but I can still open applications. I’m unsure of what to do in order to fix this issue.

:)

kyjgohr, Jun 13, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jun 13, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally Extracted Too Many Files to Desktop - Similar Threads - Accidentally Extracted Too

2. What to do when I extracted too many files to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when I extracted too many files to my desktop: I was moving some files to a folder and put them on my desktop by accident & now I can’t really do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-i-extracted-too-many-files-to-my/e2eb3350-350b-4e57-9d86-52d9a72a70b2
  3. What to do when I extracted too many files to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when I extracted too many files to my desktop: I was moving some files to a folder and put them on my desktop by accident & now I can’t really do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-i-extracted-too-many-files-to-my/e2eb3350-350b-4e57-9d86-52d9a72a70b2
  4. I accidentally extracted too many files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally extracted too many files: I can dragging some files to a folder and accidentally put them on my desktop and now I can’t do anything on my laptop & I don’t have a restore point...
  5. I accidentally extracted too many files

I accidentally extracted too many files: I can dragging some files to a folder and accidentally put them on my desktop and now I can’t do anything on my laptop & I don’t have a restore point...
  6. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  7. Extracted too many files on desktop

Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  8. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. extracted too many rar files in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extracted too many rar files in desktop: ok so basically i extracted a rar file with my win rar and without noticing i extracted on my desktop now my desktop is completely blank and i also have access to apps and i also don't have any system restore point pls help me or my father will beat me...
  10. extracted too many rar files in desktop

extracted too many rar files in desktop: ok so basically i extracted a rar file with my win rar and without noticing i extracted on my desktop now my desktop is completely blank and i also have access to apps and i also don't have any system restore point pls help me or my father will beat me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extracted too much files on desktop

2. accidentally extracted lots of files on desktop

3. extracted too many files to desktop

4. I unzipped too many files on desktop ,
  5. too many files extracted pc lag,
  6. I extracted on desktop,
  7. i accidently extracted 100 files on my desktop,
  8. i accidentally extracted to many file to my desktop