Windows 10: Accidentally forced a shut down while updating, how fucked am i?

Discus and support Accidentally forced a shut down while updating, how fucked am i? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Stealthbmxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f495bk/accidentally_forced_a_shut_down_while_updating/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stealthbmxer, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Accidentally forced a shut down while updating, how fucked am i?

/u/Stealthbmxer, Feb 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Accidentally forced a shut down while updating, how fucked am i? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 15, 2020
  3. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Accidentally forced a shut down while updating, how fucked am i?

6303c - Forcing Firmware Update v10

Hi All

I got a 6303 as it's listed on BMW as being 100% compliant with incar bluetooth. Sadly Orange have branded the phone which means that it's stuck on v9.40 and NSU shows no updates as being available.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force a firmware update to v10 and whether it will damage the phone?

Any suggestion much appreciated.

ChrisEFrost, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally forced a shut down while updating, how fucked am i?

1. Accidentally forced a shut down while updating, how fucked am i? - Similar Threads - Accidentally forced shut

2. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer accidentally shut down while updating: shut down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-accidentally-shut-down-while-updating/ae4bed44-8fdd-4c72-991d-bf1628022a1b
  3. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer accidentally shut down while updating: shut down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-accidentally-shut-down-while-updating/ae4bed44-8fdd-4c72-991d-bf1628022a1b
  4. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update on windows, force shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update on windows, force shut down.: I just recently bought my lap top hp spectre x360 16, however I don’t have my own WiFi so I was using a family members WiFi. I was in the process of the windows update but I had to stop it because I had to leave so I pushed the option to pause it till next week. Once I pushed...
  6. Update on windows, force shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update on windows, force shut down.: I just recently bought my lap top hp spectre x360 16 and I was in the process of the windows update but I had to stop it so I pushed the option to pause it till next week. Once I pushed it, it just kept loading with the loading logo while the update page showed nothing. I...
  7. Windows 11 shutting down while updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shutting down while updating: Hello my laptop is an Acer aspire 3 And when I update my laptop I choose update and shutdown, When it started updating to 35% it just turns off and turns back on when it continues it just finishes quickly and it says something didn't go as planned it kept happening to me when...
  8. My PC accidentally shut down because electricity problem while updating to windows10 how i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC accidentally shut down because electricity problem while updating to windows10 how i...: My PC accidentally shut down because electricity problem while updating to windows10 how i can restart it without Download window again.My PC is starting properly but window updating is start from downloading. How i can Update windows10 without downloading it again. What is...
  9. PC frequest forced shut downs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC frequest forced shut downs: "Your PC ran into a problem" error message and shuts down my computer. Happens about once and hour. Please help 55262
  10. PC accidentally shut down while updating to windows 10 anniversary

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC accidentally shut down while updating to windows 10 anniversary: My PC accidentally shut down because electricity problem while updating to windows 1607 anniversary and when i turn it on its show black screen with restoring to previous windows version text. Whats going to happen ? Is my windows going to corrupt ? 59954