Windows 10: Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive?

Discus and support Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a new prebuilt PC, and while trying to figure out why so much stuff was on my SSD, I did something to the files. I had them all highlighted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xTheArcher, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive?

I just got a new prebuilt PC, and while trying to figure out why so much stuff was on my SSD, I did something to the files. I had them all highlighted, clicked properties, and then checked the attributes: hidden tab, apply, and everything disappeared... my Program Files folders are gone and so is a lot of other stuff. How do I get it back?? I feel like I’ve ruined my new PC.

:)

xTheArcher, Dec 21, 2019
  2. khekpc Win User

accidentally delete of ownership to a file

No, i delete ownership of a drive named ' Local Disk (DAccidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive? :)' . i wanted to change the security as i am unable to delete a file in the disk. Unfortunately, i accidentally delete all ownership to the disk
    and am now unable to access it.

khekpc, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive?

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive?

1. Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive? - Similar Threads - Accidentally hid deleted

2. 2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.: For a while now, I've noticed 2 HID keyboard devices showing up in my settings which make my keyboard press random keys by itself and hold them when im not even touching the keyboard. when i remove them, after shutdown, restart, sleep ect they both come back. any way to fix...
  3. 2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 HID keyboard devices messing up my keyboard.: For a while now, I've noticed 2 HID keyboard devices showing up in my settings which make my keyboard press random keys by itself and hold them when im not even touching the keyboard. when i remove them, after shutdown, restart, sleep ect they both come back. any way to fix...
  4. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  5. One drive messed up ALL of my files

One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  6. i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files: my windows security service is missing windows defender doesn't work reset this pc too and the only restore point i have is when the problem is already there when i try to do an ESD-ISO install it takes for lever or gets stuck on 14% plz anyone can help +windows upadte is...
  7. i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally got a virus that messed up some of my system files: my windows security service is missing windows defender doesn't work reset this pc too and the only restore point i have is when the problem is already there when i try to do an ESD-ISO install it takes for lever or gets stuck on 14% plz anyone can help +windows upadte is...
  8. Accidentally Hid Main User Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Hid Main User Files: Hello,I accidentally hid my main user files by accident. In that process, it created a "defaultuser10000" folder. I am seeing my laptop crash here and there and it is weird things that're happening. Below I'll list out some of the things:Cannot search. When hitting the...
  9. Accidentally Hid Main User Files

Accidentally Hid Main User Files: Hello,I accidentally hid my main user files by accident. In that process, it created a "defaultuser10000" folder. I am seeing my laptop crash here and there and it is weird things that're happening. Below I'll list out some of the things:Cannot search. When hitting the...
  10. Disks are messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disks are messed up: There is this computer, more specifically a Life Digital Zed PC running Windows 10 Home, with 4 GB RAM, Intel® Celeron N3350, Intel HD 500 GPU, and more specs, and there's a drive problem. As you know, all important system files are always in Drive C:/, whereas Drive D:/ and...