Windows 10: Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.

Discus and support Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I was downloading Visual Studio on Windows 10 when I was dumb and right clicked on the program and hit “Close Tab” as it was downloading. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr-Server, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.

Hi, I was downloading Visual Studio on Windows 10 when I was dumb and right clicked on the program and hit “Close Tab” as it was downloading. The program in the toolbar turned red. Also, before I clicked the button, the download window that shows the status of the download disappeared. If there is anyway to pull that window up again, please tell me. I am brand new to Windows 10 and I feel like there is an easy fix to this that I am unaware about. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Mr-Server
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr-Server, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

3. W1zzard Win User
    Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Jan 14, 2020
  4. AriGalPC Win User

Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.

How can i close just one tab in EDGE after I accidentally made it close all tabs

How can i close just one tab in EDGE after I accidentally made it close all tabs

AriGalPC, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.

1. Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading. - Similar Threads - Accidentally hit “Close

2. File explorer crashes when closing Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashes when closing Tab: As per the titleOS Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.675FBH Ref https://aka.ms/AAie8il https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-when-closing-tab/8fe1a025-4737-4d9b-b302-57f7b715b6b9
  3. Windows 10 Task manager closes after hitting performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Task manager closes after hitting performance tab: I have just upgrade to Win10 from Win7 pro on my laptop. When I open task manager. it opens fine. All taps appear to be working except Performance tab. Every time when I hit it, it will not show. Task manager appears to just pause quickly, then closes itself. Any idea how...
  4. Programs tabbing / closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs tabbing / closing by itself: So I'm having 2 separated problems. One is programs mostly games tabbing out by itself though I can still go back to the window and then another problem is the program closing by itself. The 2nd problem is happening in every program including google chrome. After the program...
  5. Applications accidentally closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications accidentally closed: A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and sometimes I accidentally close the window for an app by pressing the X in top right corner. It would be helpful if I could CHOOSE to...
  6. Accidentally hit "history"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally hit "history": Hi! I was in my downloads folder and the "home" tab was open at the top of the window, I accidentally hit the "history" button and now I can not find a single way at ALL how to turn it off it is absolutely driving me insane I've scoured google trying to find a solution but I...
  7. Accidentally hit "history"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally hit "history": Hi! I was in my downloads folder and the "home" tab was open at the top of the window, I accidentally hit the "history" button and now I can not find a single way at ALL how to turn it off it is absolutely driving me insane I've scoured google trying to find a solution but I...
  8. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  9. Alt + Tab when a program is busy

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Tab when a program is busy: There's a game I play called Kerbal Space Program and it often takes a long time at loading screens. I'd like to Alt + Tab out of the game during loading but the problem is that the Alt + Tab take a long time to be registered by which time the loading is almost, if not...
  10. Programs, Tabs, and Folders will not close

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs, Tabs, and Folders will not close: I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2-1051 that until this weekend was successfully running on Windows 10 upgrade. Suddenly this weekend it refused to add or change tabs in the Google Chrome browser. Tapping the X or + boxes did nothing. Then tapping some links within the browser...