Windows 10: Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the...

Discus and support Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to create a new file but my finger slipped my mouse and clicked free up space, i paused right before it hit 100% and clicked x. But I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WackyH, Jan 6, 2021.

1. /u/WackyH Win User

Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the...

I wanted to create a new file but my finger slipped my mouse and clicked free up space, i paused right before it hit 100% and clicked x. But I think all my folders were deleted off my hard drive (OS C:\ is the only one). How do I get them back?

submitted by /u/WackyH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WackyH, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jan 6, 2021
  3. How do I fix right click context menu spacing?

Hi Josh,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the menu size and check.

• Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Display.

• Under the Change only the text size, click on the drop down and select the
      Menus option.

• Reduce the size of the Menu by clicking on the drop down and click on
      Apply.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the...

Accidentally Cancelled An Update - Which files can be removed to clear space

• Right-click start and choose "Run" then type cleanmgr ("cleanup manager") and click OK.
    • If asked to choose a drive, pick your C: drive (or wherever Windows is installed).
    • In the popup, ignore everything and click the "Clean up system files" button. Don't miss this step.
    • Now you can select all the update-related stuff above to clear it out (or clear it all, all of it is safe to remove if you want to free space).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the...

1. Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the... - Similar Threads - Accidentally hit Free

2. How do I free up Space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I free up Space?: Back then I downloaded steam and filled up my C drive. I tried YouTube tutorials on how to free up space but it only freed up 200MB, please help me free up space especially on my C drive.And about steam, I deleted it through control panel, reinstalled it, and did not occupy...
  3. How do I free up Space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I free up Space?: Back then I downloaded steam and filled up my C drive. I tried YouTube tutorials on how to free up space but it only freed up 200MB, please help me free up space especially on my C drive.And about steam, I deleted it through control panel, reinstalled it, and did not occupy...
  4. How do I free up Space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I hit 'free up space' from the right click drop-down on home screen and now all my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hit 'free up space' from the right click drop-down on home screen and now all my...: What in all heck have I done? I don't even understand how this is a result of freeing up space. It's now really confusing to find stuff. submitted by /u/Sub_Omen [link] [comments]...
  6. Accidentally clicked "Free up space"

Accidentally clicked "Free up space": So, you know how when you right click the desktop there's a thing that says "free up space"? I decided to click it. When I clicked it, it basically went through a bunch of files and did something to them. I discovered that it made it so that all of them only accessible when I...
  7. How do i free up space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i free up space?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/xptwrfxb9yx41.png?width=1586&format=png&auto=webp&s=06a70d419020c25643813c25190116454a1534db i want to free up some space in computer and did a little scan. i scanned a single file and then i opened it and scanned all together. the...
  8. how do I free up space?

how do I free up space?: I need to free up space, I've inserted a 64GB SD card but don't know what to do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-free-up-space/88ef11e4-00c1-413e-b55e-70076bc46680
  9. how do i free up space or do a hard reset for space

how do i free up space or do a hard reset for space: How do I free up disk space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-free-up-space-or-do-a-hard-reset-for/c669c4a9-8ec7-4c00-9b6d-e3c508a10b1a"
  10. How do I clean up the desktop right-click/new popup menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I clean up the desktop right-click/new popup menu?: At least 3/4 of the options are totally useless for me yet I have to sift through them every time I use it. How do I get rid of Microsoft Database (listed twice!), bit image, contact, Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, and Microsoft publisher document. If I cannot get rid...