Windows 10: Accidentally hit "history"

Discus and support Accidentally hit "history" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I was in my downloads folder and the "home" tab was open at the top of the window, I accidentally hit the "history" button and now I can not find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrandTheftArkham, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Accidentally hit "history"

Hi! I was in my downloads folder and the "home" tab was open at the top of the window, I accidentally hit the "history" button and now I can not find a single way at ALL how to turn it off it is absolutely driving me insane I've scoured google trying to find a solution but I just can't turn it off. I just want my regular "details" view back, not everything being separated by date in the SAME folder. it's such a ridiculous "feature" if I wanted to know when I obtained it I would just go to Properties. ANY help will be massively appreciated.

submitted by /u/GrandTheftArkham
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GrandTheftArkham, Oct 31, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Accidentally hit "history"

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally hit "history"

1. Accidentally hit "history" - Similar Threads - Accidentally hit history

2. Accidentally hit lowercase y trying to install an app through winget. Seems to be in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally hit lowercase y trying to install an app through winget. Seems to be in...: Unfortunately Samsung hides the download button for Samsung Notes on the microsoft store but it's possible to download it through a command prompt. Everything worked fine but when prompted to accept or decline the terms [Y]/[N] I entered lowercase y. Now I seem unable to...
  3. I accidentally hit no and want to change to yes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally hit no and want to change to yes: I had a window pop up on one of my apps that asked "do you want to allow this app to make changes?" and I meant to hit yes but i think i hit no because now it won't let me download. Is there a place where i can change the settings to yes so the app can make changes?...
  4. I accidentally hit no and want to change to yes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally hit no and want to change to yes: I had a window pop up on one of my apps that asked "do you want to allow this app to make changes?" and I meant to hit yes but i think i hit no because now it won't let me download. Is there a place where i can change the settings to yes so the app can make changes?...
  5. I accidentally hit no and want to change to yes

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Accidentally hit install Feature update 2004. Will my laptop break?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally hit install Feature update 2004. Will my laptop break?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340, i5 1035G1 integrated graphics. I clicked install Windows 10 2004 before I knew that Microsoft advised not to as I never searched nor did recieve any email about it. I need to know if it will break my laptop or not. If it does I will just recover...
  7. Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.: Hi, I was downloading Visual Studio on Windows 10 when I was dumb and right clicked on the program and hit “Close Tab” as it was downloading. The program in the toolbar turned red. Also, before I clicked the button, the download window that shows the status of the download...
  8. Accidentally hit "history"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally hit "history": Hi! I was in my downloads folder and the "home" tab was open at the top of the window, I accidentally hit the "history" button and now I can not find a single way at ALL how to turn it off it is absolutely driving me insane I've scoured google trying to find a solution but I...
  9. Like What You See - Accidentally Hit "Not a Fan"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Like What You See - Accidentally Hit "Not a Fan": For once really liked a picture shown on my screen saver. Somehow, must have clicked "not a fan" and now the image is gone. Even checked the LocalState - Assets folder to find it and it's not there. What can I do to get it back or find it?...
  10. My computer restarts when I hit the keyboard with my hand accidentally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts when I hit the keyboard with my hand accidentally: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 Home and whenever I hit the keyboard hard by accident the computer just restarts going through the boot process all over again and having me login to it after...