Windows 10: Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

Discus and support Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two SSD drives. I did Windows 10 reinstallation but accidentally installed Windows 10 pro on the wrong drive 120 GB but the other drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryceBisson0.0, May 20, 2020.

1. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

I have two SSD drives. I did Windows 10 reinstallation but accidentally installed Windows 10 pro on the wrong drive 120 GB but the other drive is 250GB. Please suggest how I can reinstall Windows?

:)

BryceBisson0.0, May 20, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 20, 2020
  3. little cat, May 20, 2020
  4. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

1. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive - Similar Threads - Accidentally installed wrong

2. Windows installing on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installing on wrong drive: For some reason when I installed Windows 10 after my Windows 11 installation went a bit weird, my system is no longer registering the drives in the correct order. My Data HDD which is my long term storage and mass storage solution is listed as Disk and is D:: and my main...
  3. Windows installing on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installing on wrong drive: For some reason when I installed Windows 10 after my Windows 11 installation went a bit weird, my system is no longer registering the drives in the correct order. My Data HDD which is my long term storage and mass storage solution is listed as Disk and is D:: and my main...
  4. Windows installing on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installed Windows on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Windows on wrong drive: This is all user error but I need to get it fixes. I have 2 drives on my old desktop. When I installed my new copy of windows 10, I mistakenly installed it on the old non solid state drive. It’s taken me all day to figure out that this is why it seems so slow. Can I wipe that...
  6. Installed Windows on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed Windows on wrong drive: This is all user error but I need to get it fixes. I have 2 drives on my old desktop. When I installed my new copy of windows 10, I mistakenly installed it on the old non solid state drive. It’s taken me all day to figure out that this is why it seems so slow. Can I wipe that...
  7. Installed Windows on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Accidentally Installed a Microsoft Store game partially to wrong Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally Installed a Microsoft Store game partially to wrong Hard Drive: I am curious where the game files are installed before its fully done. I started installing sea of thieves but then I realized it was going to my C: Drive instead of my D: Drive. Its a big file, and I am hooked to Ethernet so 7 GB were downloaded before I knew I made a...
  9. I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?

I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?: My previous post got removed because no flair but it won’t let me add it for some reason. My laptop has two drives. They are both SSD’s, one is my C Drive which has all my main programs and whatnot while on my H Drive I had all my images, documents, games, etc. I tried a...
  10. Accidentally installed forza horizon 4 on wrong drive

Accidentally installed forza horizon 4 on wrong drive: When installing forza, I meant to install it on my 1tb hdd but i accidentally installed it on my ssd while it was still installing. Using the xbox app and i specifically chose the hdd the first time but it was still installing to my ssd. I cancelled the download and now it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed windows on wrong drive

2. accidentally installed windows on wrong drive

3. installed windows on the wrong drive