Windows 10: Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

Discus and support Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two SSD drives. I did Windows 10 reinstallation but accidentally installed Windows 10 pro on the wrong drive 120 GB but the other drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryceBisson0.0, May 20, 2020 at 8:17 AM.

1. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

I have two SSD drives. I did Windows 10 reinstallation but accidentally installed Windows 10 pro on the wrong drive 120 GB but the other drive is 250GB. Please suggest how I can reinstall Windows?

:)

BryceBisson0.0, May 20, 2020 at 8:17 AM

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 20, 2020 at 8:18 AM
  3. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

Thema:

Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

1. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive - Similar Threads - Accidentally installed wrong

2. Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive: I have a new build computer and new Windows 10 Pro installation media. I have two SSD drives, one 128GB and one 256GB. I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro on the 128GB drive successfully. But I didn't want it there - I wanted it on the 256GB SSD. How do I fix this...
  3. Windows on wrong hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows on wrong hard drive: Please read full thing before posting answers: My PC is connected to two hard drives: one with 27.4 GB and one with 465 GB. The windows software and all it's updates are being stored on the 27.4 GB hard drive. However it is nearly 2.75 GB left so there is no room for...
  4. Accidentally clicked the wrong setting!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally clicked the wrong setting!: Hi can anyone help me please, I was downloading a link for a mod for fallout new vegas from a site on google chrome the issue is when i clicked the link and the pop up to choose the location for the download etc.. I accidentally clicked so that it ALWAYS downloads and...
  5. I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?: My previous post got removed because no flair but it won’t let me add it for some reason. My laptop has two drives. They are both SSD’s, one is my C Drive which has all my main programs and whatnot while on my H Drive I had all my images, documents, games, etc. I tried a...
  6. Windows install, i need home edition i accidentally installed pro

Windows install, i need home edition i accidentally installed pro: I need home edition thats what should be installed to my machine, I had to format the SSD because of an error and then re install. I thought I had pro registered to my account its not its home so i downloaded the installer to install over it with home but every time i try to...
  7. Accidentally installed forza horizon 4 on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally installed forza horizon 4 on wrong drive: When installing forza, I meant to install it on my 1tb hdd but i accidentally installed it on my ssd while it was still installing. Using the xbox app and i specifically chose the hdd the first time but it was still installing to my ssd. I cancelled the download and now it's...
  8. I accidentally redeemed a code on the wrong account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I accidentally redeemed a code on the wrong account.: Hi. I had a free version of minecraft with a code for windows 10 to redeem. My friend wanted it, however I got confused and redeemed it through my account and now can't give them the code. Is there possibly a way to be sent a new code to replace this as I know you can't...
  9. Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor: Hello, I Accidentally deleted the wrong files in the registry editor instead of deleting files in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers i've deleted in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers Luckily for me i...
  10. I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?: I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-windowsinstaller-how-can-i/8b687751-4b8f-480f-901d-4de5217b9675

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed windows on the wrong drive