Windows 10: Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems.

Discus and support Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In original Windows 10 Home installation, I created administrator account with my first name, and then I must have pressed the Group Membership link,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Whoozit2, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Whoozit2 Win User

Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems.

In original Windows 10 Home installation, I created administrator account with my first name, and then I must have pressed the Group Membership link, which included the name in the ffist line, and then asked for afull name. I remember being confused about that, and so entered my initials. The result is that I have 2 administrators; the controllign app data listings are installed in the in that group name, but the Explorer shows the other adminstrator. Most of the time this doesn't create a problem. But one is that I can't make a change to the standard Word template becuase Word looks doesn't list the 2nd account the intials which is where athe appdata listings are.

Is there a way to corect this situation without reinstalling the system?

:)

Whoozit2, Feb 16, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 16, 2020
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems.

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems. - Similar Threads - Accidentally installed administrators

2. Which driver causes the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which driver causes the problem?: I run driver verifier. It showed DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION but i don't know which driver is causing this. Please help. here are minidump files: minidump...
  3. Which driver causes the problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which driver causes the problem?: I run driver verifier. It showed DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION but i don't know which driver is causing this. Please help. here are minidump files: minidump...
  4. Administrator problems, unknown cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator problems, unknown cause: Starting about a day ago, I was unable to open, edit or delete any of my files in my Volume hard drive. I tried all kinds of things to fis it, including changin the owner and giving myself full access. Nothing worked. To top it off, there is now an administrator account on my...
  5. Administrator problems, unknown cause

Administrator problems, unknown cause: Starting about a day ago, I was unable to open, edit or delete any of my files in my Volume hard drive. I tried all kinds of things to fis it, including changin the owner and giving myself full access. Nothing worked. To top it off, there is now an administrator account on my...
  6. Administrator problems, unknown cause

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I accidentally deleted some files...Did I cause any problems ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted some files...Did I cause any problems ?: I don't remember exactly what I deleted, but I think I accidentally deleted C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\* and then restored them from Recycle Bin...Did I screw something up ? Any way to make sure things work properly ?...
  8. I accidentally deleted some files...Did I cause any problems ?

I accidentally deleted some files...Did I cause any problems ?: I don't remember exactly what I deleted, but I think I accidentally deleted C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\* and then restored them from Recycle Bin...Did I screw something up ? Any way to make sure things work properly ?...
  9. Problem in my which which cause crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in my which which cause crash: I have a window 10 pc nd it crashes in every 2 hours of use please tell me how can i fix it. It is caused because of my mistake what I did is i moved download folder from c drive to d drive later I decided to move it back to c drive but when i was moving it again from...
  10. Which update caused this problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which update caused this problem: Hi everyone I have lost the 'search' facility on several windows 10 computers. (starts with the shortcut icon like a magnifying glass bottom left) This happened many weeks ago - but I have never been able to resolve this problem - although several work arounds were suggested....