Windows 10: Accidentally installed a fake version of blender and now chrome keeps crashing

Discus and support Accidentally installed a fake version of blender and now chrome keeps crashing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to download blender onto my computer, but when I searched it on chrome, the first result was this website https://blendjets.su/. I didn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jpharkness, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Accidentally installed a fake version of blender and now chrome keeps crashing

I was trying to download blender onto my computer, but when I searched it on chrome, the first result was this website https://blendjets.su/. I didn't realize this website was fake until I actually tried installing the program. It didn't seem to do anything at first, but now chrome will open for about a minute or so before crashing. I tried running a few virus scans, but none of them show any problems. Help please?

:)

jpharkness, Jun 17, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Blender 2.8 rc3 keeps crashing

Hi Thunder_Ruler

You are running a recently released beta test version of Blender, if you head over to the Blender forum, you will see many users are reporting this as one of the many bugs in that Release Candidate 3 version

Beta test versions are always going to have bugs and crashes, your best option is to uninstall RC3 and install the latest stable release of Blender, until the Blender developers resolve the bugs in RC3 and then you can download version 2.8 when that is fully
    released . .

DaveM121, Jun 17, 2022
  3. jgunning Win User
    Blender 2.63 Crashing

Hi all,

Dont know how many people still use blender, but im experiencing troubles on running blender.It crashes straight away and says "runtime error, this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I have looked on the blender forums, i have tried reinstalling mvc++ runtime files.
    Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions...?

jgunning, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Accidentally installed a fake version of blender and now chrome keeps crashing

Blender 2.8 rc3 keeps crashing

Thanks for replying so fast Vijay_Verman, but after a cleanboot, I had tried running Blender and immediately my computer crashed immediately.

This time I got a blue screen.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 1a

Parameter 1: 403

Parameter 2: ffffd300d04df050

Parameter 3: 800000022c7dd867

Parameter 4: ffffd300d04df070

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.121

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 0x1a_403_nt!MiDeletePteRun

Thunder_Ruler, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally installed a fake version of blender and now chrome keeps crashing

1. Accidentally installed a fake version of blender and now chrome keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Accidentally installed fake

2. Installed a fake version of blender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed a fake version of blender: Hi _AW_I've seen that you've been helping others with this issue. I have the same thing going on that none of my antivirus softwares seem to be able to find. It appears that someone is able to gain controll of my chrome browser, they've tried to access my other accounts....
  3. Installed a fake version of blender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed a fake version of blender: Hi _AW_I've seen that you've been helping others with this issue. I have the same thing going on that none of my antivirus softwares seem to be able to find. It appears that someone is able to gain controll of my chrome browser, they've tried to access my other accounts....
  4. Chrome Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Keeps Crashing: I am a Windows 11 User and so I updated my computer to 22H2 and Chrome keeps Crashing Before 22H2 I was on 22H1 Where Chrome had not crashed even once but on windows 22H2 chrome Crashes now and then and Right Before chrome Crashes Hardware Acceleration Turns off...
  5. Chrome Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Keeps Crashing: I am a Windows 11 User and so I updated my computer to 22H2 and Chrome keeps Crashing Before 22H2 I was on 22H1 Where Chrome had not crashed even once but on windows 22H2 chrome Crashes now and then and Right Before chrome Crashes Hardware Acceleration Turns off...
  6. Installed a fake version of blender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Installed a fake version of blender: Split from this thread. Hi _AW_I've seen that you've been helping others with this issue. I have the same possibly worse thing going on that none of my antivirus softwares seem to be able to find. It appears that someone is able to gain total controll of my chrome browser,...
  7. Google Chrome keeps crashing on start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome keeps crashing on start: I finished my pc build today and installed chrome. It was working well and all but then it crashed for some reason. I tried to reopen it but again it crashed on start. I then deleted all files and things related to Chrome and Uninstalled it. Then after I reinstalled jt, it...
  8. Accidentally closed windows explorer and now laptop keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally closed windows explorer and now laptop keeps crashing: I have a dell laptop with windows 10. I accidentally ended the windows explorer task in task manager and my screen went black. I restarted my laptop but it keeps crashing on startup. I tried starting a new task explorer.exe but the same problem keeps happening....
  9. Blender 2.8 rc3 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blender 2.8 rc3 keeps crashing: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\blender-2.80rc3-windows64\blender.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX64 Application Name: blender.exe Application Version: 2.8.0.0 Application Timestamp: 5d309054 Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll Fault Module Version:...
  10. Chrome Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Keeps Crashing: I tried installing the 32 bit version of Chrome, but got the same results. Any ideas? Thanks 54252