Windows 10: Accidentally installed win 10 pro, can't transfer my old home license. What to do?

Discus and support Accidentally installed win 10 pro, can't transfer my old home license. What to do? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I activate my windows. I don't mind downgrading to home release, but would like to get rid of the activate windows prompt, especially since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hajhawa, Oct 17, 2019.

1. hajhawa Win User

Accidentally installed win 10 pro, can't transfer my old home license. What to do?

How do I activate my windows. I don't mind downgrading to home release, but would like to get rid of the activate windows prompt, especially since I own a license.

:)

hajhawa, Oct 17, 2019

2. Transferring Win 10 license to new machine.

I wish to transfer my existing win 10 pro license to a new machine and install a new win 10 home license on my old machine How do I do that?

DonAnderson_12, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Win 10 License transfer

My old computer with win 10 pro got fried so had to buy a new one. The new one only has win 10 home edition but crashed system had pro how can I transfer my pro license to the new computer as I can no longer access the old system in order to deactivate
    the product on the old system?

TroyShelby1, Oct 17, 2019
  4. PaulPChou Win User

Accidentally installed win 10 pro, can't transfer my old home license. What to do?

Accidentally installed WIN 10 Pro when my license is for Home

You will have to reinstall Windows again because you installed the pro. version when you should have installed the home version. You can download the ISO from the MS site. I highly suggest you do that. When you do that, no need to worry to accidentally install
    the pro. Your device came with Win. 10 or was it an upgrade?

What Windows 10 version are you using?

PaulPChou, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally installed win 10 pro, can't transfer my old home license. What to do? - Similar Threads - Accidentally installed pro

2. Win 10 License transfer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 License transfer.: I have just built a new PC from scratch and would like to transfer the license from the old to new. It was a Win 10 Pro upgraded from a purchased copy of win8 not OEM. It is activated with a digital license linked to my account. I will . not use the old PC afterwards. Have...
  3. Win 10 License transfer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 License transfer.: I have just built a new PC from scratch and would like to transfer the license from the old to new. It was a Win 10 Pro upgraded from a purchased copy of win8 not OEM. It is activated with a digital license linked to my account. I will . not use the old PC afterwards. Have...
  4. Win 10 License transfer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home -> Pro Upgrade License Transferability

Windows 10 Home -> Pro Upgrade License Transferability: Hello, I purchased an upgrade license from Home to Pro on my laptop. I recently purchased a new laptop that also came with Windows Home. Am I able to transfer the upgrade license from previous laptop to this new laptop? Thank you in advance for your help!...
  6. Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.

Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.: Just got a new i710700 computer to do audio and video work. This one came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. My old computer will be used only for office stuff now and it has Win10 pro on it. Can I transfer the pro license to the new computer and just have win 10 home on...
  7. Unable to transfer license for Win 10 Pro

Unable to transfer license for Win 10 Pro: I am pretty sure more than one person had this trouble. Let's make this "real". I am considering switching to Windows 10 last ... spring. So I walked into the store, and I bought a copy of Windows 10 Professional, physical disk attached with license and activation code....
  8. Transferring a Win 10 License

Transferring a Win 10 License: So I have this old laptop with an active W10 license, unfortunately the laptop no longer functions and does not boot up Now I want to use that license on another PC but when I tried entering it I received an message that the key was no good? Any suggestions?...
  9. Win 10 License transfer

Win 10 License transfer: My old computer with win 10 pro got fried so had to buy a new one. The new one only has win 10 home edition but crashed system had pro how can I transfer my pro license to the new computer as I can no longer access the old system in order to deactivate the product on the old...
  10. Transfer License Win 10 Pro to New Hardware?

Transfer License Win 10 Pro to New Hardware?: A couple of months ago I bricked a Dell Laptop. Finally got a replacement and realized I have no idea where my Windows 8.1 Pro activation key is that I used to trade up to the free Windows 10 64-bit upgrade. I have the hard drive from my Dell with the fried motherboard and...