Windows 10: Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help?

Discus and support Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I am a Network Operating Systems student and the course requires that I install Windows Server 2016 Standard on VMWare. My main hard disk on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DillonL248, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help?

Hi there, I am a Network Operating Systems student and the course requires that I install Windows Server 2016 Standard on VMWare. My main hard disk on my laptop was Windows 10 and I accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard from ISO and it completely overrode my main Windows 10 OS. I have attempted to reach the advanced startup screen in order to reset my PC and received the notice "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator account on the PC." whenever System Image Recovery or System Restore were clicked. Is there anyway to return my laptop's operating system back to the original Windows 10 OS without losing crucial files and data? I have searched far and wide for possible solutions to no avail.

Thanks for your time,

Dillon

:)

DillonL248, Sep 11, 2019

2. "Disable-VMIntegrationService" CLI is not working on Japanese Window Server 2016

I want to disable the time synchronization of VM with host server.

For this, I have executed the below CLI on Window server 2016 installed with
    Japanese language.

CLI fails with below output:

PS> Disable-VMIntegrationService -Name 'Time Synchronization' -VMName MyVirtualMachineOnJPws2016

Disable-VMIntegrationService : Integration component of the specified name was not found.

Place of occurrence Line:1 Character:1

+ Disable-VMIntegrationService -Name 'Time Synchronization' -VMName MyVir...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help? :)) [Disable-VMIntegrationService]、VirtualizationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidParameter,Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.DisableVMIntegrationService

Note: If i provide the "Time Synchronization" in Japanese language the CLI work fine.

**Question**

Why this `CLI "Disable-VMIntegrationService -Name 'Time Synchronization' -VMName MyVirtualMachineOnJPws2016"` fails on Japanese version of WS2016?

This CLI works fine on WS2012R2 (on both English as well as Japanese version)

Thanks in advance.

AjayKumarCR, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Aylexxx Win User
    Revert to Windows 10 from Windows Server 2016

I have accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 on the wrong Hard drive. I previously had Windows 10 installed and I was attempting to install Windows Server 2016 onto an external drive and accidentally installed it onto my internal drive for my pc.
    I have the Windows.old file still on the system of the previous Win10 and I would like to revert to that to avoid having to reinstall a bunch of games and other programs. This all happened about an hour ago and I can't find any articles to help. Is this possible
    or do I have to start over?

Aylexxx, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help?

License for Windows server 2016 Standard

Hi, I have question related with Windows Server 2016 Standard.

I have A server, It's hardware is 2 xeon and memory 64 GB. I want to install it with Windows Server 2016 Standard edition.

And I want to use Hyper-V and install 4 Hyper-V (Windows too). I read that it's not possible. Because Windows Server 2016 standard is only allow 2 hyper-V + 1 main server.

Is it possible I add 2 more license for hyper-V, so I will have 4 Hyper-V VM ?

or is it possible if I run 2 Hyper-V VM (windows server) with additional 2 VM (Linux) ?

Thanks

M.SolehFajari, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help?

1. Accidentally installed Windows Server 2016 Standard CLI on hard disk, help? - Similar Threads - Accidentally installed Server

2. VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard: I have a backup appliance from Datto that is running hourly backups on a Windows Server 2016 Standard File Server. The backups up until about 2-3 weeks ago were working without issue outside of the irregular power outage or two with summer storms. I had an issue where just...
  3. VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard: I have a backup appliance from Datto that is running hourly backups on a Windows Server 2016 Standard File Server. The backups up until about 2-3 weeks ago were working without issue outside of the irregular power outage or two with summer storms. I had an issue where just...
  4. Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard: Qb's does not seem to like this server very much. I have tried just about everything from uninstalling to reinstalling, making registry edits and a whole bag of different tricks. I have had this issue for about 3 months now, Qb's randomly crashes when logging in. I know its...
  5. Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quickbooks 22 random crashing on Windows Server 2016 Standard: Qb's does not seem to like this server very much. I have tried just about everything from uninstalling to reinstalling, making registry edits and a whole bag of different tricks. I have had this issue for about 3 months now, Qb's randomly crashes when logging in. I know its...
  6. window server 2016 standard have crash file issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window server 2016 standard have crash file issue: We have window server 2016 having purchased license. we are facing crashing files issues in our server, we have installed antivirus which is automatically disable and not running in window. Some other application not working properly. We have checked in event log view details...
  7. window server 2016 standard have crash file issue

window server 2016 standard have crash file issue: We have window server 2016 having purchased license. we are facing crashing files issues in our server, we have installed antivirus which is automatically disable and not running in window. Some other application not working properly. We have checked in event log view details...
  8. Microsoft Licensing questions on server standard edition 2016

Microsoft Licensing questions on server standard edition 2016: if I have 1 single 16 core processor server running standard edition 2016 and I want to add 2 virtual machines in hyper v both running server standard edition 2016, do I need to purchase 3 licenses in total?...
  9. Cannot set automatic clock on Windows Server 2016 standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set automatic clock on Windows Server 2016 standard: [ATTACH][ATTACH] What is the solution can not set the automatic clock on Windows Server 2016 standard, when click set automatically can not, and the internet time setting does not exist in the clock settings, how the solution displays...
  10. Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 2016 Server Show Consumed Hard Disk Larger then existing DATA: Hi Expert I Have 2016 Windows Server , I have 500 GB in C:\ Drive of my Server and Total Folder Size only 120 GB including Hidden Files, But I am wondering that Hard Disk Capacity showing 450 GB Although only 120 GB data is exist. Kindly help my to find out why consumed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidently installed windows server over windows 10