Windows 10: Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop

Discus and support Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; That's it. I accidentally clicked to lock my own laptop via MS account, thinking it was someone else's laptop.So, there is no unlock button.When I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GuilhermeTejada, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop

That's it. I accidentally clicked to lock my own laptop via MS account, thinking it was someone else's laptop.So, there is no unlock button.When I try to put my pin on that laptop, it says that the administrator has to login first. I tried to remove that laptop from MS account, then to register it again. With my laptop series number, it says it doesn't find it.I cannot understand how is it possible that there is a button to lock a device, via Microsoft account, without an unlock button, or a clear message stating that once you did it, there's no way back.I even tried to restore my laptop via B

:)

GuilhermeTejada, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Barman58 Win User

Why Microsoft locked out my new Laptop?

Certain Dell laptops intended for the business market have a BIOS security lock that can sometimes accidentally activate. If this is the case then you will need to contact Dell directly with the Device ID of the Laptop, and proof of purchase, as the password is automatically generated by the laptop is unique to the device, and the software to unlock the password is only available to Dell staff.

If it is a password after windows has started this should be listed in the documentation with the laptop, If not, you will need to contact the vendor

Barman58, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop

1. Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Accidentally 'Locked' own

2. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  3. I accidentally locked my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked my Laptop: I accidentally locked my laptop through find device, when I use my PIN I can’t get into it, and when I use a system reset whilst keeping files it’s still locked, should I use a full system reset with deleting everything?...
  4. I accidentally locked my Laptop

I accidentally locked my Laptop: I accidentally locked my laptop through find device, when I use my PIN I can’t get into it, and when I use a system reset whilst keeping files it’s still locked, should I use a full system reset with deleting everything?...
  5. Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop

Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop: That's it. I accidentally clicked to lock my own laptop via MS account, thinking it was someone else's laptop.So, there is no unlock button.When I try to put my pin on that laptop, it says that the administrator has to login first. I tried to remove that laptop from MS...
  6. Taskbar locked in Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar locked in Dell laptop: Dear Microsoft. Please advise me i have locked the taskbar and it was frozen how to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-locked-in-dell-laptop/5d8440e0-d1c4-4ce2-8ef0-3dd0b26b3858
  7. locked out of Dell laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of Dell laptop: I am locked out of dell laptop. When I start computer, I get a blue rectangular login, but when I put in the password, system won't accept it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-dell-laptop/54866759-c356-4763-87d1-f9fd0e7d7095
  8. My laptop keeps locking on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps locking on its own: I think it was the new Windows update, since I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I changed the sleep status to never, I tried updating my display drivers but it still randomly locks. It locks even when I'm using the keyboard, or in a call. Its not even hot some times and...
  9. Locked out of my own laptop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out of my own laptop!: I've restarted my Windows 10 with safe mode on and I cannot log in after the restart. It doesn't accept my password, I cannot get internet connection and I cannot use my password. Nothing works!...
  10. Dell laptop locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop locks up: I have a Dell E6500 which locks up when left idle for some period of time. This computer was sold new with Vista. When I bought it used it came with Windows 7 Professional. I have since upgraded it to Windows 10 Professional. I have had this problem running both 7...