Windows 10: Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

Discus and support Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know, this was quite dumb of me. I didn't know what was going to happen, so here goes. Yesterday, I tried to fix something in my administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HeyItsNick, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

I know, this was quite dumb of me. I didn't know what was going to happen, so here goes.
    Yesterday, I tried to fix something in my administrator settings, and my only account is just a guest user.
    I've tried all I could, using the regedit and the SAM file stuff, and I tried using command prompt's net user administrator /active:yes function. The function works, but I don't see an Administrator account on startup, just my default login screen. What can I do?

:)

HeyItsNick, Dec 1, 2020

2. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the built-in Administrator account and
    we appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

In this scenario we would suggest you to disable and the enable the
    built-in Administrator account using the command prompt from a different administrator user account and check if the issue persist.

Steps to disable and enable the built-in Administrator account.

1. Click on Windows Search/Cortana and type
      CMD, right click on command prompt and select run as admin.
    2. Type Net user administrator /active:no
      and hit enter key to disable the built-in Administrator account
    3. Restart the PC and login to the
      Administrator account and perform step 1.
    4. Type Net user administrator /active:yes
      and hit enter key to enable the built-in Administrator account

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 1, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 1, 2020
  4. jimbobs Win User

Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

1. Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator. - Similar Threads - Accidentally Locked Myself

2. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  3. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  4. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked myself out of my desktop

Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  6. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  7. Locked myself out of my computer.

Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  8. Accidentally locked myself out of my laptop help?! Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally locked myself out of my laptop help?! Windows 10: I locked it by accident from my micrsoft account using the internet on my phone. My laptop is now saying “this device is locked by an administrator. Have an administrator to sign in” when i try to put in my pin its saying the same thing. Is there away to unlock it from my...
  9. Locked myself out of C:?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked myself out of C:?: So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked. There's only "administrator/my desktop name" and it says "C:/ is not available, access denied" when i try to open it. 178050
  10. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?: My friend was gonna borrow my computer for a bit so I tried to make a guest account. Seeing as Windows 10 removed that feature for whatever reason, I made a new blank user account. I tested it out and noticed I still had access to all the files on my storage drive, which is...