Windows 10: Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile

Discus and support Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was starting my computer as always and was going to choose my profile but accidentally pressed on the Administrator profile. Didn't think much of it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexSpitzi, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile

I was starting my computer as always and was going to choose my profile but accidentally pressed on the Administrator profile. Didn't think much of it as I could go into settings and change the profile, but it began asking me for the profile setup options you get when on a clean windows install and became worried. I might've done a mistake because I proceeded to restart it in order to log into my regular profile but I didn't have the option to do so anymore, automatically logging me into the Admin account. Can anyone tell me how to go back into my regular profile?

:)

AlexSpitzi, Sep 22, 2022

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Can't add a profile

Hi Jasiek,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with logging in a new user profile on a computer is due to a user profile corruption. To address your concern, we suggest that you create the new user profile using the built-in administrator account
    on your device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• On Search type CMD to open Command Prompt. Right click on
      CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting
    purposes and you have to disable it once you are done creating a new user profile.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Uptime73 Win User

Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile

copying profiles in Vista Home Premium

Hello all. i have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. I have one user profile "Andy". I would like to copy this profile to a new profile called "Andrew" and then delete the "Andy" profile.

I tried to create the Andrew profile through user accounts in control panel, but sometimes the 'Andrew' user doesn't show up in the users folder, and sometimes there's a TEMP folder instead. When I fo into the Andrew user account, it says

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with the default profile for the system. Please see the event log for details or contact youru administrator"

What steps do i need to take to create the user profile for "Andrew", copy the "Andy" profile into the "Andrew" user file, and delete the "Andy" profile? I read where you should disable UAC and i have tried that, but to no advail. Also, do I need to enable the built in administrator? Thanks for you help.

- Josh

Uptime73, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile

1. Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile - Similar Threads - Accidentally logged Administrator

2. Can't log in my windows profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in my windows profile: When I turn on my computer it doesn't let me enter my pin because it says there was an error with the configuration and the pin is not available, so I have tried to do what they said in other places to use the advanced restart but the problem is that in all the options It...
  3. Can't log in my windows profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in my windows profile: When I turn on my computer it doesn't let me enter my pin because it says there was an error with the configuration and the pin is not available, so I have tried to do what they said in other places to use the advanced restart but the problem is that in all the options It...
  4. Can't log in my windows profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile: I was starting my computer as always and was going to choose my profile but accidentally pressed on the Administrator profile. Didn't think much of it as I could go into settings and change the profile, but it began asking me for the profile setup options you get when on a...
  6. Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile

Accidentally logged into Administrator profile on start up and can't find my regular profile: I was starting my computer as always and was going to choose my profile but accidentally pressed on the Administrator profile. Didn't think much of it as I could go into settings and change the profile, but it began asking me for the profile setup options you get when on a...
  7. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Profile: How do I delete the Administrator profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-profile/103613c1-3631-41b0-b02c-e73a71f943ba
  8. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Profile: How do I delete the Administrator profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-profile/103613c1-3631-41b0-b02c-e73a71f943ba
  9. can't log on to my windows profile profile

can't log on to my windows profile profile: Hi there, I bought a reconditioned Win 10 pc, but it has come with a 'user' profile that auto logs on (ie no password required), but I can't log on as me as I don't have the 'user' password to change it.. Screen shot below [ATTACH] Is there a way to reset it? One assumes...
  10. Setting up Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up Administrator Profile: I think what I really need is help, setting up my Administrator Profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-administrator-profile/bdcf7384-0bad-4a12-840b-b41eddb60833