Windows 10: Accidentally made account I can’t access admin

Discus and support Accidentally made account I can’t access admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I just got a new laptop for Christmas and I was playing around in the settings and accidentally made an account, one that I have no way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeshaunRice, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Accidentally made account I can’t access admin

So I just got a new laptop for Christmas and I was playing around in the settings and accidentally made an account, one that I have no way of accessing, admin. And now I need permission to do almost everything and it requires a password that I don’t know. I’ve tried resetting the password with no luck as well as spoke to customer support and didn’t have any luck. Can anyone help?

:)

DeshaunRice, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 25, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Accidentally made account I can’t access admin

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally made account I can’t access admin

1. Accidentally made account I can’t access admin - Similar Threads - Accidentally made account

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it: Hello, so i'm on a local account and i can't login to the admin account i added. On the lock screen the sign in button is not a button, it's text which says "sign in" it's grayed out. I can get into the microsoft account itself but i can't get into the admin account. I tried...
  5. Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it: Hello, so i'm on a local account and i can't login to the admin account i added. On the lock screen the sign in button is not a button, it's text which says "sign in" it's grayed out. I can get into the microsoft account itself but i can't get into the admin account. I tried...
  6. Made a admin account with a microsoft account and i can't login to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I accidentally lost admin access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally lost admin access: I accidentally demote myself to standard account on windows 10 . And created a new admin account but I can't sign in to my new admin account whenever I tried to log into it , it shows "you need to install an app for this task " and when i click on yes it bring me to the login...
  8. I made an admin account, deleted the inbuilt one, i cant sign in to the admin account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I made an admin account, deleted the inbuilt one, i cant sign in to the admin account.: Detailed description: As of recent, I finally made my own admin account, after deleting the inbuilt one. Whenever I try to sign in the admin account, it asks to download an app from the microsoft store and whenever i click "yes" it just kicks me back into the place where...
  9. Windows 10 - I accidentally made my Admin account a regular user. How do I become an Admin...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - I accidentally made my Admin account a regular user. How do I become an Admin...: Basically just what the title says. I accidentally made my account non-administrator, so there are no administrator accounts I can use to restore it. Searching online says to enable the built-in administrator account but I cannot do that without administrator privileges. Is...
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT: HELLO SO I WAS ANGRY THAT DAY AND THEN I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT AND THEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally made a administrator with cmd help

2. cant use netplwiz beacause im not admin