Windows 10: Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff

Discus and support Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody. So I followed a bunch of tutorials online that show me how to debloat Windows 10 a bit as there are some apps and features that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mitko, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Mitko Win User

Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff

Hello everybody. So I followed a bunch of tutorials online that show me how to debloat Windows 10 a bit as there are some apps and features that I believe I will never use.

One of the articles was about using PowerShell to uninstall packages manually, and so I followed it and removed some (this reddit post)
    The other one was a PowerShell script that automatically does the job for you (link to post). This one actually ended up with a lot of errors.

I then restarted the OS and got a notification that it's setting up some updates before shutting down. When the OS rebooted, I once again got the notification that it's finishing setting up some updates and once I got to the desktop, everything was HUGE. The taskbar, the icons, the fonts, everything.

I went ahead and checked the screen resolution that was set and surprisingly it was normal (1600x900). Here is a screenshot of how everything appears huge. https://i.imgur.com/gFmqVxW.png

What I am using:
    • Windows 10 64bit (upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate)
    • NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    • PHILIPS 203V 19.5" monitor (link to specs)

What I have tried:
    • Attempted to uninstall that particular update.
    • Checked for driver updates for my NVIDIA GPU, downloaded the latest driver, did a clean install and rebooted.
    • Attempted to do a System Restore but unfortunately I had the feature turned off and there were no restore points available.

Does anybody know any solution to fix this without having to reset the whole OS and have all my installed software gone?

:)

Mitko, Nov 12, 2015

2. ASIO driver support in Windows 10

It's a marketing scam. It's not like Bill Gates doesn't have the money to invests in descent support for older OS and peripherals. If they don't support older stuff they try to force you to buy newer OS and peripherals.

The last Windows10 creator's upgrade **** made my audio IO devices not work. Everything was fine before their update. So after wasting a lot of time re installing drivers for my m-Audio IO device, my zoom g2NU, asio, and USB I dumped windows 10. It
    was like taking a big **** after being constipated for a month.

Anyways I formatted my hard drive and went back to windows 7 and everything works fine.

windows 10 is a big pile of garbage beyond belief. It's bloatware, spryware etc

regards

SoundCloud – Listen to free music and podcasts on SoundCloud

yellowsnakes, Nov 12, 2015
  3. My review of nokia x7 Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff :)

Actually nokia made big mistake by porting s60v5 browser to symbian^3 with few ui tweaks

Anna browser looks very lame against iphone4's browser and against android its just not comparable at all

donofworld, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff

1. Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff - Similar Threads - Accidentally made everything

2. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  3. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  4. 2004 update made everything lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update made everything lag: Whenever I use snip and sketch it takes several seconds to move the highlighted area because of lag. Does anyone else have this problem? submitted by /u/Reddey13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1teuj/2004_update_made_everything_lag/
  5. Accidentally made a 2nd screen! How?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally made a 2nd screen! How?: My keyboard sometimes spews some random keystrokes and messes me up. I was typing an email and then all of a sudden the entire screen quickly slides to the left and I'm on a new screen and I don't know how to go back to the first screen. What is this feature called? I want to...
  6. NEED HELP PLEASE!!! Everything is to big

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEED HELP PLEASE!!! Everything is to big: EVERYTHING ON MY COMPUTER IS TO BIG AND I CANT SEE ALL THE APPS ON MY COMPUTER HOW DO I CHANGE THE FONT SIZE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-please-everything-is-to-big/9bb1bbaf-96d4-42d5-bd11-6913f3ba8216
  7. tweak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tweak?: I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties advance tab large send offload (ipv4) to disable large send offload...
  8. I made a big mistake...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I made a big mistake...: A call from Wavene Infotech showed me 1,159 errors/attempted hacks and other "serious" breaches on my laptop / Window's 10. Sounding like a scam I hung up....he kept calling back. I eventually allowed him to show me a log illustrating all the incursions. Long story short I...
  9. Everything is too big in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is too big in Windows 10: I'm just about fed up with Windows 10. I've been trying to get this thing working properly for 24 hours now. I used the website link everyone was passing around to download Windows 10 bc my computer kept showing failed attempts at installing it. When it finished...
  10. windows 10 - everything is weirdly big

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 - everything is weirdly big: i used windows 10 for a while on pc and today decided to install it also on laptop but it behaves weirdly here. i donwloaded opera browser and thr tabs were huge and the look was weird, i opened paint and it was blurry (the fonts). what's the problem? please help! [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally made windows browser huge