Windows 10: Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

Discus and support Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I press enter to the password, my pc shuts down instantly. I used task scheduler to do this. I would like for someone to help to show me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Historical society, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

Whenever I press enter to the password, my pc shuts down instantly. I used task scheduler to do this. I would like for someone to help to show me the steps in reversing this please and thanks.

:)

Historical society, Apr 21, 2019
  2. roy111 Win User

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

I have the same message when i shutdown and restart, since updating to 1709, win 10 pro,
    i don't think someone is actually logged in, hope someone know more...

Step to reproduce:

A

logut

on the login window select shut down or restart

the message appears

B

turn on pc

on the login window do not log in

select shut down or restart

the message appears

roy111, Apr 21, 2019
  3. oldeboye Win User
    Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

Hi Ed.....

I took a look at the event viewer as suggested and all it showed was that the event log was stopped and that I'd started a shutdown.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

1. Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly - Similar Threads - Accidentally made whenever

2. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  3. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  4. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. when opening powershell instant shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when opening powershell instant shutdown: I dont know when I got this problem exactly. But I realized it like 4 days ago when I tried opening the terminal in Intellj to download a specific thing, then it instantly shutdown and I saw it said something with powershell with it. So I figured that I should try opening...
  6. when opening powershell instant shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when opening powershell instant shutdown: I dont know when I got this problem exactly. But I realized it like 4 days ago when I tried opening the terminal in Intellj to download a specific thing, then it instantly shutdown and I saw it said something with powershell with it. So I figured that I should try opening...
  7. when opening powershell instant shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I'm struggling to download a .jar file, whenever I try to do so, it instantly downloads as...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm struggling to download a .jar file, whenever I try to do so, it instantly downloads as...: I have Java installed on my computer, right now I have the 32-bit but I've tried with every option they currently have. I'm not very tech savvy but I've looked up videos and have gone through the control panel > programs > associate > .jar > set default but when I try to set...
  9. So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...: I was fiddling around with services and disabled one that had a description that said something like “controls signing in and out” or something like that. My dumbass disabled it and now I’m just greeted with a login screen with no login menu... Restart and shutdown doesn’t...
  10. Shutdown whenever i close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown whenever i close the lid: Hello there! Recently (maybe after the latest Windows 10 pro,i cant recall actually) I’ve noticed that whenever i close my laptop lid, the windows shutdown. I know about the power setting and it’s set up to sleep when i close the lid. Did anybody noticed this problem? If...