Windows 10: Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

Discus and support Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I press enter to the password, my pc shuts down instantly. I used task scheduler to do this. I would like for someone to help to show me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Historical society, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

Whenever I press enter to the password, my pc shuts down instantly. I used task scheduler to do this. I would like for someone to help to show me the steps in reversing this please and thanks.

:)

Historical society, Apr 21, 2019
  2. roy111 Win User

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

I have the same message when i shutdown and restart, since updating to 1709, win 10 pro,
    i don't think someone is actually logged in, hope someone know more...

Step to reproduce:

A

logut

on the login window select shut down or restart

the message appears

B

turn on pc

on the login window do not log in

select shut down or restart

the message appears

roy111, Apr 21, 2019
  3. oldeboye Win User
    Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

Hi Ed.....

I took a look at the event viewer as suggested and all it showed was that the event log was stopped and that I'd started a shutdown.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

1. Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly - Similar Threads - Accidentally made whenever

2. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in: The Sims 4 (opened on Origin) wasn't starting up so I tried disabling services to reboot my comp for a "clean boot" but accidentally disabled all my Microsoft services and now my comp won't accept any of my passwords. When I try to troubleshoot it, it either doesn't work or...
  3. Log Off/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log Off/Shutdown: Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC...
  4. Accidentally made Chrome open every time I start an application

in Browsers and Email
    Accidentally made Chrome open every time I start an application: I have an indexing utility called Wilbur that I've used for years on Windows XP. I just installed it on Windows 10. When I opened it, a dialog box came up and said how do you want to open this utility. I incorrectly thought I chose Wilbur, but somehow Google Chrome was...
  5. Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Somebody else is logged in at shutdown: Since a week or two back I have started to get a popup that someone else is logged on when I am about to shut down the computer. This is a bit scary. Has anyone else also got this experience? /Windows 10 Pro user 99345
  6. Unexpected shutdown in evnt log

Unexpected shutdown in evnt log: Not much to go on but this morning around 10am I tried to get my main machine out of the lock screen but no response. I ended up doing a hard reset and it booted normally. Checking the event log at 10am it says the computer unexpectedly shutdown at 03.24 but scrolling back...
  7. BSOD instantly whenever I try to run my GPU (Laptop)

BSOD instantly whenever I try to run my GPU (Laptop): I reinstalled Windows 10 a while back as I started receiving constant blue screens and error 1935 when installing 2005 c++ redistributable. I also know for a fact that I have bad ram on this laptop which I haven't gotten around to fixing yet. The main problem I'm having...
  8. Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally made everything appear big after tweaking stuff: Hello everybody. So I followed a bunch of tutorials online that show me how to debloat Windows 10 a bit as there are some apps and features that I believe I will never use. One of the articles was about using PowerShell to uninstall packages manually, and so I followed it...
  9. Shutdown/startup process logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/startup process logging: Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to what should be recorded as a result of a default shutdown/startup sequence, i.e. what normal events/event IDs should I see in Event Viewer with fast startup enabled as opposed to any different events/event IDs recorded if fast...
  10. Accidentally Made new User Path Variable, so real one got overridden!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Made new User Path Variable, so real one got overridden!!: While trying to add a new Path Variable, i accidentally made a new User Path Variable with the exact same name as the real User Path Variable, so the real one got overridden. What can i do to recover it? If i can't, what can i do? Need Answers Quick. Thanks! 93605