Windows 10: Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10)

Discus and support Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So I was trying to get SFML to work with Visual Studio and I accidentally opened all the files in the "lib" folder with notepad. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lombadd, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10)

Hey everyone,

So I was trying to get SFML to work with Visual Studio and I accidentally opened all the files in the "lib" folder with notepad. Is there any way to change this back? I'm not sure if it actually affects anything or not.

submitted by /u/Lombadd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lombadd, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 31, 2020
  3. dig_dude Win User
    I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad. Other forum posts and answers aren't helping. Windows 10.

I was trying to open a .csv file and accidentally selected that I wanted to make Notepad my default program for opening similar files. Soon after all of my thumbnails for programs on my desktop turned to Notepad and no .exe files would run. I reset my
    default apps in settings and tried to change by file. .Exe isn't in the list of available changes and it won't let me change .csv to anything besides Notepad or Wordpad. I've seen other similar posts that have been fixed by selecting a file and trying something
    with the "Open with" option but that does not appear for me.

Any help to solve this problem for Windows 10 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dig_dude, Oct 31, 2020
  4. adlp Win User

Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10)

Change from Notepad as Default Program

I accidentally opened up a .har file with Notepad and cannot find a way to go back and change the settings in Windows 10. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thema:

Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10)

1. Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10) - Similar Threads - Accidentally made SFML

2. open lib

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open lib: hi my laptop is 2y old it have an open lib option why i open laptop lib it does not start window automate i want that i start automaticly and in power open there in open lib option it say " On battery: Turn on display Plugged in: Turn on display"...
  3. open lib

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open lib: hi my laptop is 2y old it have an open lib option why i open laptop lib it does not start window automate i want that i start automaticly and in power open there in open lib option it say " On battery: Turn on display Plugged in: Turn on display"...
  4. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  5. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  6. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way...

Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way...: I've tried everything even messing with regedit settings and restarting my computer, I need notepad to stop being my default program for .ui files but nothing is working....
  8. Files opening with Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  9. Self made file in Notepad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self made file in Notepad.: Greetings, I just noticed in my Documents list a file called "Duplicate Files". I didn't make that file and I'm the only one who uses this Laptop computer. I opened the file and that's when I found that approximately 300 duplicate files were saved in Notepad. Why Notepad and...
  10. Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default

Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default: Hi ! Strange problem I have... I used to always open .srt files (mainly movie subtitles) with the notepad, but I installed a new application (a media player called PotPlayer). It became the default application for .srt files, but I just can't make the notepad to be the...