Windows 10: Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder

Discus and support Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]as you can see from the photo i've somehow merged my hard drive (D) with my downloads folder and im not sure how i can revert it back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by liamstephens, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder 47d04cac-d781-4359-ba35-fe35f6b14d12?upload=true.png as you can see from the photo i've somehow merged my hard drive (D) with my downloads folder and im not sure how i can revert it back to the download folder, i have tried to restore to previous version but was unable to do so.

:)

liamstephens, Sep 26, 2019

2. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive.
    Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its
    own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

Kingsley1124, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer.

I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has
    all of my user folders in it. Its address is still C:\Users\pengu, but its name shows up as Downloads. I'm pretty sure I merged my Downloads folder and user folder. During my attempts to fix this, I ended up with a Downloads folder inside of this folder that
    works normally. The new Downloads folder says it's located in C:\Users\pengu\ if I go to the Location tab in Properties. If I try to search my PC for the actual pengu folder, there is a folder named pengu located in a different Users folder on another drive
    as D:\Users\pengu. However, it has no folders inside of it.

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder d83c2e72-d906-4cee-8359-e706e64d3e14?upload=true.png

Here is a picture of my Users folder.

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder fce79ec2-7437-4e28-bc05-8e31fd9c9dd2?upload=true.png

And here is inside the folder named Downloads that was in the Users folder. Clicking on the Downloads folder on the left side brings me to the folder named Downloads inside of this folder.

Trying to restore the original location of both C:\Users\pengu\ and D:\Users\pengu\ does nothing. My computer is working fine, but I'm worried that this could have future consequences. I don't have any backups or system restore points available from before
    this happened.

Is there a way to remedy this without reinstalling? If not, how do I reinstall in such a way that I can easily get back all of my various files and apps while still fixing this problem? Or does it even need to be fixed?

Ariana Brisco-Schofield, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Nina411 Win User

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder

I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Documents folder while redirecting location

As the title says, I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with the Documents folder while redirecting the location of the folders from the C:/ to D:/ drives. I can't use File History to restore it. I can't move them back to previous locations or restore
    the folders to previous versions. It says they are not available.

I also can't seem to find the Documents and Downloads folder in my User folder. It won't let me create new folders in my User folder either because it will just automatically merge with the existing one with a different path (D:/).

I tried restoring the User file to a previous version and it didn't fix the issue...

Help, please?

I've looked at a lot of answers for Windows 7 and 8.1. I have Windows 10, not sure if it makes a huge difference.

Here's a picture

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder 9bced12d-ebd3-42c6-9179-c3018e18fda4.jpg

Nina411, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder

1. Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder - Similar Threads - Accidentally merged download

2. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  3. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  4. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder: I was just trying to make my downloads folder sync to onedrive automatically, so I searched ways on how to do it and I found one where you should change the location of the downloads folder to the onedrive folder and so I did that. But it ended up merging them, and I want to...
  6. Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder

Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder: I was trying to move my documents and downloads folder's location into my D drive but I accidentally merged the two folders, how do I undo this? Now whenever I download something, it goes into the documents folder. And when I open the downloads folder, it goes into the...
  7. Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder

Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder: The Downloads folder is showing my D drive and all the data - as is the Documents folder I was trying to transfer all my data from c drive to d drive I need to demerge the two and reset the folders I have seem a previous post where Greg Carmack gave a thread to a Tenforum...
  8. Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder: The Downloads folder is showing my D drive and all the data - as is the Documents folder I was trying to transfer all my data from c drive to d drive I need to demerge the two and reset the folders I have seem a previous post where Greg Carmack gave a thread to a Tenforum...
  9. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...
  10. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has all of my user folders in it. Its address is still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentlu merged downloads with drive

2. accidentally merged 3d folder with d drive